QT with STLPort help

For code related discussions and questions
Serge_K
New user

QT with STLPort help

Post by Serge_K »

I'm trying to build the game with VS 2010. Using game source code from this repository:
git://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100.git
I was following footsteps from here:
http://forumsforums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8095

I believe I found all libraries required by it except QT static libraries built with STLPort.

Is there any way to get them?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: QT with STLPort help

Post by vexed »

The only way to get what you want is to compile it yourself.
There isn't any pre-compiled package of Qt that has STLport support.

Having said that, you can use the pre-compiled version of Qt made for VS2010/12 @ QT's site, and it should work.
We do not currently support Qt 5 yet, we need to fix lots of things before that happens.

You don't really need the static libs to make warzone though, just make sure that the paths are correct, and you should be good to go.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Serge_K
New user

Post by Serge_K »

Yes. Warzone can be built without STLPort, using default STL.
But what do you mean without static libs? Without ANY "lib" files?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Um, no, static libs are 'packed' with the exe, and dynamic ones need .dlls.

I was just saying that you don't really need static libs of everything, dynamic ones (like on Qt's site) will do just fine.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Serge_K
New user

Post by Serge_K »

I believe my original question wasn't valid from the very beginning.
In fact I was using .dlls. Though, if I understand correctly, .libs are still needed to provide function body's stubs (for those implemented in dlls).
I was trying to build QT with STLPort because using dlls from the official site gave me linker error "unresolved external symbol - QString::toStdString".
And there are some problems with building Qt with STLPort. This is why I started this topic.
Nevertheless, I'm using workaround: replace "toStdString()" call with "toUtf8().toConstData()".
Dunno the exact reason why QString::toStdString's body cannot be found while other Qt's functions are linked fine. This is no longer roadblock for me.
Thank you for your time anyway!