Creating a new branch.

For code related discussions and questions
jh0242
Rookie
Rookie

Creating a new branch.

Post by jh0242 »

Hello everyone! I have been working with the Warzone 2100 source code via Github for a few months now, by myself, and I was wondering if I am able to create a new branch for the modifications that I have made without affecting the Master branch? I have implemented a difficulty adjustment option in the game options screen that when turned on modifies the AI damage based on the player performance in order to reduce or increase the difficulty. This does not replace any of the original game difficulties, it is just an option that will increase damage of AI units and nothing else at this time. I plan on further development and testing, but I feel as though using a repository would be a good idea. Any information is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Creating a new branch.

Post by Per »

https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/

Click 'fork'. Now you have your own repository, and you can create as many branches as you want. Once you have code you want to merge back into mainline, you either create a merge request or a bug ticket with a patch. Happy coding!
jh0242
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Creating a new branch.

Post by jh0242 »

Thank you very much for the quick and informative reply! Happy coding to you as well!