Compiling in Eclipse Kepler

For code related discussions and questions
jh0242
Rookie
Rookie

Compiling in Eclipse Kepler

Post by jh0242 »

Hello everyone. I am looking for instructions, a guide, and/or advice on working on the game using Eclipse Kepler and SVN on Windows XP. I have looked around and everything I have come across seems to be outdated by two years or more. I have checked out the project and tried to build it, but it gives me an error saying that a certain file does not exist when it certainly does. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. If further information is needed, I will be glad to oblige. Thank you for your time.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Compiling in Eclipse Kepler

Post by stiv »

Start here:
http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/CompileGuide

Hints:
'no such file' message means missing headers OR bad include path
'unresolved symbol' means missing library OR bad link path

The project is no longer using SVN.
jh0242
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jh0242 »

I started there and I followed the steps for compiling with mingw, with the exception that I used the github repository because someone told me that was the official repository now. The problem that I run into now is that it wants me to change the makerules/config.mk file, but there is no makerules folder in that branch.
"In the directory where you extracted the Warzone 2100 sources to, copy makerules\config.mk.tmpl to makerules\config.mk and open the new file for editing (notepad will do just fine). Now uncomment this line:"

I am trying to compile from eclipse kepler and I am new to c++, but I am proficient with Java and it seems very similar. Also, I am using Windows 7. Should I import it as a c++ project, a makefile project with existing code, etc? Should I even try to build from eclipse or should I use gcc make after editing the files I need to? Basically I am looking for new information for building/compiling and running the project after I modify the code in a desired way. (I am trying to make a dynamic difficulty adjustment game difficulty)
jh0242
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jh0242 »

I switched over to vmware and followed the latest guide to compile through linux and I'm good. :D
Now I need to figure out where all droid types are created as well as where the droids are held in game while the user is playing. For example, in most game loops I see that each faction's troops are held in some sort of array or list and collision detection or something of that sort is performed each iteration in the loop. Where would I find this information? I am assuming in the Loop.cpp file or the Main.cpp file, but I am fairly new to cpp. Any ideas?
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Game objects are stored in src/objmem.cpp. The main loop is in src/loop.cpp