Pie Toaster Release

For code related discussions and questions
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Pie Toaster Release

Post by Watermelon »

The old showcase thread is a bit messed up,so I decide to create a new one to make releases for the new pie tool pietoaster.

Model View:

Texture Mapper:

Version 0.1(Initial test)
Features:
1.Save and Load
*Load exist pies
*Add multiple png texpages via pages.txt
*Save changes to pie
*Create new pies(maybe buggy because I didnt set polygon flags when creating new polygons)

2.Model View
*Rotating via holding right mouse button
*Scaling via holding middle mouse button
*WiredFrame using glCalls
*Highlights of vertices
*Highlights of connectors
*Highlights of selected vertices/connector
*Highlights of selected polygon

3.Editing
*vertice and connector selection via left mouse button
*remove all selected vertice/connector
*add new vertices
*move all selected vertice/connector
*pieslicer like polygon linker to make new polygons
*pieslicer like primitive texture mapper

4.GUI:
*fully integration of AntTweakBar 1.10,the GUI should be relatively descriptive and intuitive for new users.

Usage:
pietoaster [filename.pie]

Windows mingw exe and source(GPL v3,the source files and data files used should be compatible with 'later version',I also attached GPL v3 txt so I dont need to include that lame and long header in every source file I wrote) attached:
Attachments
pietoaster0.1src.zip
(58.59 KiB) Downloaded 814 times
pietoaster0.1mingw.zip
(896.47 KiB) Downloaded 837 times
Last edited by Watermelon on 30 Sep 2007, 05:51, edited 1 time in total.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Pie Toaster Release

Post by Per »

Looks awesome! I think you forgot to include a Makefile in the source, though.
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Per wrote: Looks awesome! I think you forgot to include a Makefile in the source, though.
This does the trick (after fixing a few minor thingies; mainly #include directives) to get stuff to compile:

Code: Select all

rm build.log
for i in *.cpp; do
    echo gcc -g - c $i >> build.log
    gcc -c $i 2>> build.log || echo 'Build error!!'
done
g++ -o pietoaster *.o -lSDL_image -lSDL -lpng -lphysfs -lGLU -lGL -lAntTweakBar 2>> build.log
Though that alone didn't get me very far. This since it segfaulted immediately upon start up.

Code: Select all

(gdb) run dhrbod09.pie
Starting program: /tmp/pietoaster/pietoaster dhrbod09.pie
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0x2b4129f694e0 (LWP 1568)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0x2b4129f694e0 (LWP 1568)]
0x00002b4127e00433 in phtread_mutex_lock() from /lib/libphtread.so.0
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x00002b4127e00433 in phtread_mutex_lock() from /lib/libphtread.so.0
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x00002b4126b4e2d9 in __PHYSFS_platformGrabMutex () from /usr/lib/libphysfs-1.0.so.0
#2  0x00002b4126b45a15 in PHYSFS_setWriteDir () from /usr/lib/libphysfs-1.0.so.0
#3  0x000000000040e4d7 in main()
From this I went to look at pietoaster.c:main() and found out that you (i.e. Watermelon) forgot to add a PHYSFS_init(argv[0]); call before calling PHYSFS_setWriteDir(). Adding this fixed it and resulted in this:
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

cool, so now watermelon's choice of gui tk and other stuff isn't theoretically cross-platform compatible anymore, unless giel is using something like gnome + gcc on cygwin.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

From where do you draw your conclusions, Kage?  ???
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

kage wrote: cool, so now watermelon's choice of gui tk and other stuff isn't theoretically cross-platform compatible anymore, unless giel is using something like gnome + gcc on cygwin.
Actually it is very portable, as the toolkit used is an OpenGL toolkit (what you are seeing is an OpenGL application). http://www.antisphere.com/Wiki/tools:anttweakbar for more information. Since the toolkit works on both Window and Linux (and probably OS X) and Watermelons application has run on both Window (he provided an .exe) and Linux (see Giel's screenshot) I think it is quite portable.

Regards, Freddie.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Chojun wrote: From where do you draw your conclusions, Kage?  ???
Two possible things.

Firstly he might draw his conclusions from the fact that I've attempted to make it obvious that I'm running GNU/Linux in the above screenshot (by making sure that those who know GNOME would recognize it).

Secondly it might be due to the fact that I've been sort-of shouting out that I got it working on IRC last night.
EvilGuru wrote: Actually it is very portable, as the toolkit used is an OpenGL toolkit (what you are seeing is an OpenGL application). http://www.antisphere.com/Wiki/tools:anttweakbar for more information. Since the toolkit works on both Window and Linux (and probably OS X) and Watermelons application has run on both Window (he provided an .exe) and Linux (see Giel's screenshot) I think it is quite portable.
Well I wouldn't call that AntTweakBar thingy *very* portable. In fact it was a pain in my ass to get it to compile. Those developers might also want to consider using something more advanced than just a plain Makefile (e.g. a full fledged autotools build system would suffice).

Aside from that, when you can get it to compile it works quite well.

One other thing about both AntTweakBar and GLFW (a dependency of AntTweakBar). They both don't provide versioned dynamic link libraries, which may not yet be a problem, but it may very well become a problem in the future (if/when they break their ABI).
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

PieToaster is committed in r2603:2613.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Chojun wrote: From where do you draw your conclusions, Kage?  ???
moreover, i can reasonably infer that giel is using a debian-based distro, since the debian-free-software-guidelines considers part of firefox's license to be non-free, and since giel is using gnome, i would expect that he has grown accustomed to the idea of not going out of his way for software (aside from something he's working on, such as wz).

anyways, your software looks very cool, watermelon: i'll definitely have to check it out, and hopefully i'll find it's the cross-platform successor to pie slicer that we've all been hoping for (yes, even the guy who spent a few weeks tweaking the blender scripts) ;)
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Does this work on Vista?
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Serman wrote: Does this work on Vista?
I suggest you download the file attached to the first file with "mingw" in its name and find out.

AFAIK none of the developers have Vista installed, so we cannot check this.
I think I'm one of the few developers that actually has a computer lying around which has a version of Windows at all (i.e. my laptop, because I have only succeeded at getting WiFi to work on Windoze).
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Eh?  I had FC5 on my lappy and wireless worked just fine.  It was like pulling teeth to get it to work but..

Other than that, having linux on one of my computers was one of the worst experiences of my life.  And I use and develop linux at work, and have for quite some time now.
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

I was just asking to see if it works, cause i'm planning on upgrading to Vista in about a week, i don't have it yet.  ;)

But if it works, i'll be glad to post feedback.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

could you please specify the syntax to open a file?? cos it always give the "file doesn't exists" error.

Thanks
Warhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Warhead »

You have to open it through the command prompt. First you change to the directory the exe is located at. Then you type in pietoaster "piefile.pie" where piefile is the name of the file that you want and without the quotation marks