Pie Toaster Release

For code related discussions and questions
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Re: Pie Toaster Release

Post by Hatsjoe »

Buginator wrote: This is why it is a bit easier to use blender, or 3DS, and then use the converter utilities.
Like max and blender are easy to learn :)
Pie Toaster seems like a great program. Numeric input very clean ui.
And it has native support for all pie features. I don't see why anyone would want to learn blender or max if all he/she wants to do is model piefiles? All the fancy modelling tools wont really be that great when you're working on a 100 vertices model. Unless you're already very familiar with one of those programs, i suggest you use pie toaster. And about the dial up connection: I know it's not fun but the solution is:
Start up the download, go to the toilet and take your fav magazine with you, return and its done !!!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Hatsjoe wrote: Like max and blender are easy to learn :)
Pie Toaster seems like a great program. Numeric input very clean ui.
And it has native support for all pie features. I don't see why anyone would want to learn blender or max if all he/she wants to do is model piefiles? All the fancy modelling tools wont really be that great when you're working on a 100 vertices model. Unless you're already very familiar with one of those programs, i suggest you use pie toaster. And about the dial up connection: I know it's not fun but the solution is:
Start up the download, go to the toilet and take your fav magazine with you, return and its done !!!
Oh, don't get me wrong, it is a nice program.
But it isn't being worked on anymore AFAIK.

That is why others wanted support for blender & 3ds, so they can use the tools they like the best.

As for the limits, that is still being worked out someplace ;)
and it ends here.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

I suppose that's the primary difference between game-specific tools and tool-specific plugins... the game specific tools are going to leave the modder with much fewer pitfalls, but eventually development will cease, and the entirety of the program will stagnate because there will almost certainly be a few fundamental interface problems that won't get fixed. On the other hand, tool-specific plugins will not stagnate as long the format that the plugin supports is still in wide use, and the plugin remains compatible with newer versions of whatever tool it was designed for.