Populations in the WarZone Universe

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Populations in the WarZone Universe

Post by Avestron »

Its post-apocalyptic Earth and a great struggle has subsided with the defeat of Nexus and other factions remaining a mere niusance in the sector. It is time for the Project to move onto the next stage - repopulation.

This would simply bring about another dimension to the struggle of WZ2100, namely the founding and nurturing of population centers within a post-apocalyptic environment.

This could also give rise to new victory scenarios such as the successful defense of such population structures in survival mode, and there is no reason why population centers cannot give rise to experience benefits for newly activated units, and/or serve as a physical medium for experienced, recycled units to reside within until called upon. Perhaps also a modest increase in monies through business productivity.

I am thinking that there would be T0,1,2 & 3 versions of such quarters, starting from something a scavenger player might build and ending up with a massive metropolis some 7 x 7 in size (with slightly more tolerance of feature dips & rises than normal).

Naturally able to sustain damage on par with a fortress in the end game although classifying as a base structure rather than a hardcrete structure.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: Populations in the WarZone Universe

Post by Iluvalar »

Something that could lead some rare games to end just like this ?
Attachments
wz2100-20111207_131012-NTW_NRSpV46-T1.jpg
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Settlers with tanks?
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Yes, actually that is sort of along the lines that I was thinking iluvatar. :) Although I do think it would be nice if the program were to randomly select one of several subtle skin options to give the illusion of variance (i.e. imperfect uniformity).

I gather that that is a 2.3 mod? Any link to it?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I gather that that is a 2.3 mod? Any link to it?
NRS.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Thanks NoQ.