Add T4 in the game

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: Add T4 in the game

Post by Iluvalar »

How about T20000 ?
The exact count of research point needed ? :P
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Iluvalar, too long. :-P
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well "an ultimate T" would be nice too, for those who just want to play for fun, using all they have, but in such case, it would be good to have this "no lasssat" option at hand.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
War2070
Rookie
Rookie

Post by War2070 »

Iluvalar wrote:How about T20000 ?
The exact count of research point needed ? :P
lol almost sounds like a sequel to a Terminator movie... in the distant future.
Merowingg wrote:Well "an ultimate T" would be nice too, for those who just want to play for fun, using all they have, but in such case, it would be good to have this "no lasssat" option at hand.
Indeed.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

War2070 wrote:
Merowingg wrote:Well "an ultimate T" would be nice too, for those who just want to play for fun, using all they have, but in such case, it would be good to have this "no lasssat" option at hand.
Indeed.
No ! Not indeed ! As I said earlier, the gauss cannon is 15 minutes ahead in the tech tree than anything else... It beat everything and is beaten by none. Every player who want a chance to win would produce gauss tanks and ONLY gauss tanks.

There is no gaming element in this game when 2 tanks of the same desing meet each others. No option, no decisionnal process that could make that challenging or fun.

1) Design dual gauss dragon.
2) Send them in the battle.
3) Repeat phase 2 and click faster.

Please... Think thoroughly about what you suggest :stressed: . An idea might look nice at start, but be crazy after some consideration.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

What about plasmite vtols?
Sounds like gauss cannon would be in need of a price increase or maybe a rate of fire decrease.
Having an endgame with only one weapon seems to me like a balance problem rather than a problem with this gamemode.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

plasmite vtols, when they are reach in time is also a probable end game. But they are 40 minutes research while gauss is 70.

If you start with both, the gauss is an obvious choice.

It's not really a balance problem, the gauss line appear very late and it require the cannon player to sacrifice his research in cannons. This is a risk to take that will only really pay if you survive till the gauss cannon. It's near impossible to do the jump if the other player is still strong and use a pulse laser, the scourge or another clear T3 weapon against you.

We rarely see a game that much equilibrated for so long, so we perceive each of the T3 weapons as equal, but they are not at all.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote:plasmite vtols, when they are reach in time is also a probable end game. But they are 40 minutes research while gauss is 70.

If you start with both, the gauss is an obvious choice.

It's not really a balance problem, the gauss line appear very late and it require the cannon player to sacrifice his research in cannons. This is a risk to take that will only really pay if you survive till the gauss cannon. It's near impossible to do the jump if the other player is still strong and use a pulse laser, the scourge or another clear T3 weapon against you.

We rarely see a game that much equilibrated for so long, so we perceive each of the T3 weapons as equal, but they are not at all.
Then it still is unbalanced. If a cannon player gets the gauss cannon, he already won, as you said. And the only "sacrifice" of the research in cannons are like 1-3 upgrades. And researching 1 weapon doesn't need 5 labs if you still don't have any upgrade available for that weapon...
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

And the only "sacrifice" of the research in cannons are like 1-3 upgrades.
It takes 7 damage upgrades, 1 accuracy upgrade and HPV cannon to get to needles. All of them are trashed when you switch to needles.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Maybe make some advanced decison tree? befor the game, we pick option on off, and the branches of the tree get blang, or remin highlighted, get highlighted?

All nicely made, in visible way?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Merowingg, it seems a bit related to my topic. ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8892

AFAIR there were also some ideas how to visualize such research path and its dependencies.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Oh I did not know, yes, something like that :3

Regards - Mero
War2070
Rookie
Rookie

Post by War2070 »

Iluvalar wrote:
War2070 wrote:
Indeed.
No ! Not indeed ! As I said earlier, the gauss cannon is 15 minutes ahead in the tech tree than anything else... It beat everything and is beaten by none. Every player who want a chance to win would produce gauss tanks and ONLY gauss tanks.

There is no gaming element in this game when 2 tanks of the same desing meet each others. No option, no decisionnal process that could make that challenging or fun.

1) Design dual gauss dragon.
2) Send them in the battle.
3) Repeat phase 2 and click faster.

Please... Think thoroughly about what you suggest :stressed: . An idea might look nice at start, but be crazy after some consideration.
There's no way to know for sure until its been tried many times.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Yeah, it's called strict dominance in game theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_dominance

It happen in warzone whenever the advantage of a weapon beat the weapon modifier layer (about 30% in standard games).

Now if you want to make the mod and test, it's a pretty easy mod, you could start from the mod I gave here. But i'm 99.9% sure it's a waste of time. Just like you were freezing everyone on single machinegun viper on wheel all game long. Except "gauss" sound more cool...
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote: Now if you want to make the mod and test, it's a pretty easy mod, you could start from the mod I gave here. But i'm 99.9% sure it's a waste of time. Just like you were freezing everyone on single machinegun viper on wheel all game long. Except "gauss" sound more cool...
Then if a player finishes researching gauss cannon in a "normal" game, he has already won.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501