Add T4 in the game

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: Add T4 in the game

Post by Jorzi »

In a normal game, it sounds like researching gauss cannon is a risky strategy, allowing the enemy to put you at a disadvantage before you can produce enough units to make a difference. In that sense, it's fairly balanced.

If this is true, it unfortunately also means we cannot have a meaningful "max tech" game.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

And when we speak about T 900000, as the times has changed, and some have complains about the dificulty, I thin a "W" option should be implemented, so a player press "W" and "W" only to win the game. His units and buildings are being build up to the normal pattern, but he presses "W" button :3 also if he taps W three times, auto battle is being performed, and he simply watches the game being played through :3

:ninja:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
War2070
Rookie
Rookie

Post by War2070 »

Jorzi wrote:In a normal game, it sounds like researching gauss cannon is a risky strategy, allowing the enemy to put you at a disadvantage before you can produce enough units to make a difference. In that sense, it's fairly balanced.

If this is true, it unfortunately also means we cannot have a meaningful "max tech" game.
I disagree with your statement. The game is unbalanced as it is after so many changes in the beta and rc2 versions.

What I'm proposing is giving the host the option to host a game with everything researched just as there is T1, T2, and T3 with varying researches already researched that the host can choose. Not every host is going to host a game with everything researched and that's fine. Just throw the option there.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

War2070 wrote: that the host can choose
That would be called TS = Technology Select :wink:
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

War2070 wrote: Just throw the option there.
Here I gonna start you :
1 - Find where the hell that "T1" button is drawn.
2 - Draw a T4 button.
3 - Lookout and edit the "game mode" binary format everywehre needed in order to add a 4rth option.
4 - Make a list of all research, in the appropriate format.
5- Post your patch in the development tickets site.

We don't mind if it's a good idea or not, as long as YOU do it yourself :) .
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.