Another Dumb Sugestion, By Spyro_Drag

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Another Dumb Sugestion, By Spyro_Drag

Post by NoQ »

Spyro_Drag wrote:now if it were a self instaling .EXE then i woldnt be so demanding for information. im so sorry. :/
I can't give you an exe cause i don't have windows (it's too complicated for me ... specially when it comes to compiling things) ... also there's this cross-compiling thing, but i didn't understand it yet as well :(

The fixes from the extended tileset patch were already included in master, so you can see them in the nightlies (i'm surprised to not see it in 3.1 though, need to talk to somebody ...). The other patch is rejected, cause it was decided that it is better to complete the new map format support (which is much more flexible and will be surely free from all the issues mentioned in this thread).
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

NoQ wrote:The other patch is rejected, cause it was decided that it is better to complete the new map format support (which is much more flexible and will be surely free from all the issues mentioned in this thread).
Sweet, great to hear that they made a decision on that. sux you put all that work into that patch and now theres no need for it.

but i still dont know how to "install" these patches. im sure theres a manuall some where, ill look for one o those then ill ask you for more help. C00|_ ?
Time, it is always moving, even when we stop.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

All nice, except with one thing not connected with the topic, Spyro more self belief ok? the tiltle of this thread is simply messy.

And a question at the same time. Why there never been a simple turn road (asphald) tile? or not yet? thats the thing i make multiple junctions I remind and forget.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Quick question, How many tiles (minimum) should a set contain? the original three (at least the copies i have) have between 78 -81. is it safe to have less, or should i make the same? ive got just over 40.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

ive worked it up to 50 tiles, my lates ones include modified LZ tiles (7) and a set meant to look like a land sized circuit board (7) and a set of cross snow and metal surface (5). one of these days ill put up a ".zip" but i want to make sure i have all that i need. i still need to work on a ".radar" and a ".ttp". ive opened the ones from the original tile sets, but i cant understand them at all. i think im lost...
felipe
Trained
Trained

Post by felipe »

Spyro_Drag:
are you making a tileset mod ?
In any case, make a zip and post it here.
We can help organizing things and give some hints.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

yes, i am tring to make one to compile into my maps, i dont much care for the latest update and how it "smooths" the terrain, so im making one to replace it. ill post a zip with some examples, some of it is redone original tiles that i just re-made with other textures, and some of it is... well, youll see. and ill have a .txt with it tell ing wut the tiles properties are with a key in it.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

UPDATE: WOOT!!!! i have now 91 tiles!!!! i think a few more and there will be enough. then ill be finally done. ill post a zip of them soon, after i figure out wut the stat of each are going to be. the set is supposed to have a martian based look, with human structers and bases. red water, redish snow, red dirt, Goldish terain, silverish terain, and a set to look like a giant circet board.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello my most liked narrator :) I have to admit that you were talking about for such a long time that I really cannot wait to see what did you prepare :3

I understand that the moment your tiles will be in use, you will start make maps with those?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

i will as soon as i figure out wut else i need. im geting ready to post the ".zip" with the 128X128 pics for advice on improvments. then ill see wut i can do to figure out how to make the proper ."radar" and ".ttp" to fit. but... erm... still kinda lost there. once its finished, ill make some re-mixed maps and a new introductory map just to introduce my latest set.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I was looking at the .radar files a few hours ago - looks like long lists of hex colour codes, but I'm not sure how they relate to the texture pages. I found some brief info on them in the wiki: http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/TerrainTextures
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO