Mecha/Wanzer & Cyborgs

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Mecha/Wanzer & Cyborgs

Post by iamaloner »

Hello guys, I am back... Actually I abandoned my account MetalWarrior95... I made couple of maps and I translated WZ2100 in Croatian for some time, ultil my parents couldt really afford internet because of economic clash/smackdown... Anyway I am back...

So I want to propose that cyborgs should be small like and not much larger then scanvenger infrantry... Huge cyborgs are stupid...

I propose that cyborgs should only be infrantry... Its stupid to see huge cyborgs that are not possible and its like god damn gundam... This is an western game not some anime/gundam :P Not eastern !!

Anyway if we want more walking units and that they are large I would reccomend some mecha walkers and spiders type, if you want cyborg a like large mecha then I reccomend to make Wanzer like mechs... It would be nice if it was ever done that they could strafe and have multiple weapons.

I am sorry If my english sucks...
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: Mecha/Wanzer & Cyborgs

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Personally, I tend to already see Cyborgs as being akin to powered-armor infantry. They even get their own buildable mini-transport to fly them around the battlefield.

Larger mecha sound intriguing, though what would be the benefits and drawbacks towards using them over conventional vehicles? Perhaps they'd have fewer HP than a body-propulsion combo of the same cost, but could carry heavier weapons/systems without slowing down? Perhaps they'd be treated as if they're taller than vehicles? (However, that would serve as a double-edged sword, as while they would be able to more easily spot enemies hiding behind terrain thanks to their higher profile, they themselves would likewise be more difficult to hide behind terrain for the same reason.)
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

Dude, you ruined the thread, now I cant respond... G.O ...
I would make a complex thread... now I am abbandoing... Because you behave like a smartass... I would point it out, suggestion dont bash with question and suggestion ultil some people give some suggestion. Atleast to me... Sorry but I am abbandoing...

Thx for screwing up this thread/topic... -_-"

You broke the unwriten rule of forum...
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Dude, you ruined the thread, now I cant respond... G.O ...
?????
I would make a complex thread... now I am abbandoing... Because you behave like a smartass... I would point it out, suggestion dont bash with question and suggestion ultil some people give some suggestion. Atleast to me... Sorry but I am abbandoing...
I think Shadow Wolf's reply was constructive enough...
WTF?
You're trolling, right?
As you didn't hear what you wanted to, you got mad? Or what? O_o
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

No I am not trolling... And no I am not mad... ShadowWolf made unintentional impact and shamefull response...

"Unwriten Forum Protocol":
When a person posts idea, people should not at first few respons suggest something.

Something like this on forum I saw for the first time, its equal to trolling... The proper way is to first say what do you think but dont suggest something or make some criticism at the beggining of the thread... Something like this...

I am not a troll... Deal with it and I am not Umadbro... :/
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Ruined the thread?
The reason that rule is unwritten is because it doesn't exist.

This is not a magic lamp that fulfills your wishes, this is a debating forum where you can try to get people interested in your ideas. This also requires you to explain why your idea is really worth implementing, otherwise very few will be interested.

Also a hint to anyone who is even slightly unsure about his english skills: Don't use strong words like "stupid", "smartass", "god damn" etc... Chances are that you appear more offensive than what you intended
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

@iamaloner

After several years of participation, moderation, and administration in multiple forums, I must say I've never ever heard of your rule. In fact, I must apologize in advance, but I must say it's ridiculous, it only would enforce an opinion without any possible debate. And forum's main purpose is usually that, debating about various topics.
I translated WZ2100 in Croatian for some time
I am sorry If my english sucks...
I just noticed this, that's sort of contradictory...
Last edited by Saberuneko on 23 May 2012, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Scavanger Rockets
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scavanger Rockets »

I agree with iamaloner, what is with the size difference between scavs and everyone else? its friggen weird. Why is everything so friggen huge!!? the viper itself is the size of a log cabin!
More Rockets!!!
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

NVM... It never happened ultil now... -_-"

Il make a new thread...

STAFF... Delete this thread permanently and lock it...

Scanvenger Rockets: Thx for support... il make a new thread..
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

iamaloner wrote:STAFF... Delete this thread permanently and lock it...
If a thread is deleted permanently, it cannot be locked, as it is deleted forever! (which is a very long time) :hmm:
iamaloner
Trained
Trained

Post by iamaloner »

Ok, first lock it then delete it as soon as possible.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

iamaloner wrote:Dude, you ruined the thread, now I cant respond... G.O ...

:annoyed:
You ruined your own thread with this, and your breaking forum rules.
Cease & Desist, you will not be warned again.
Read the real rules.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5520
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

iamaloner wrote:Dude, you ruined the thread, now I cant respond... G.O ...

Sorry for, quote-on-quote, "ruining this thread". I thought that this was a thread for people to debate on the inclusion of mecha, so I asked how differently these mecha would behave compared to regular vehicles, in addition to offering up my own ideas as to what these mecha could be like. I'd personally like to see something like spider mecha and the like myself, though I fear that they'd most likely be included as mod material. Then again, that's just my personal opinion, and you, like everyone else on here, have every right to agree or disagree with it, just as we all have every right to agree or disagree with yours, or anyone else's. In addition, we could likewise present our own ideas to help improve upon yours. That's what a debate is like.

Also, the reason why I said earlier that, in my opinion, I thought of the Cyborgs as being more akin to powered-armor infantry is because, when I compare the relative sizes of the Cyborgs and Scavengers in-game, I can only guess that powered armor would be more appropriate (since they could be any size from about 6 feet to about 12 feet in height, with a person "wearing" the suit and interfacing with it from within). Then again, since, according to the backstory of Warzone 2100, Cyborgs are controlled through a Synaptic Link (a man-machine interface that links directly to a person's nervous system), then they could, technically and literally, be considered Cyborgs (albeit not necessarily like, say, RoboCop, or the Borg from Star Trek) in that case.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100