change victory conditions - make unending waR with the same

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Reg312
Regular
Regular

change victory conditions - make unending waR with the same

Post by Reg312 »

change victory conditions - make unending waR with the same teams...
round 1, round 2, round 3, round N (seems it is possible in JS and quite easy)
no rehosts etc
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: change victory conditions - make unending waR with the s

Post by aubergine »

rules.js can easily be adapted to change victory conditions, but I'm not sure what you mean by round 1, round 2, etc?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

aubergine wrote:rules.js can easily be adapted to change victory conditions, but I'm not sure what you mean by round 1, round 2, etc?
i meant when one team wins the game both teams get message "ROUND 2" and map returned to starting state
"round 2" means next round in game
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Hmm, I simply think it's easier to simply host a new game in the same map instead of having to code this stuff... I don't see why don't you want to rehost... it just takes what? 1 minute?
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Saberuneko wrote:Hmm, I simply think it's easier to simply host a new game in the same map instead of having to code this stuff... I don't see why don't you want to rehost... it just takes what? 1 minute?
seems you never played 5x5 games, in most cases it hard to get exactly same teams in next rehost!

players often want to rematch or rehost, but new players come to game,, you need set password or kick players,, 1 minutes to rehost --> 30 minutes...

that option just can save time for players who want play 2-3 games without waiting hours for next game :)
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Would it be better if there was an option for the host to "keep team" - so that when the game ends the same people stay connected and the host can choose a new map (or replay same map)?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Makes sense.