A bunch of ideas.

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
ArmyofFire515
Greenhorn

A bunch of ideas.

Post by ArmyofFire515 »

These Ideas are just ones I have thought up over the past few days and thought I'd share them.

1. Weapon: Incendiary ammo
Would work the same way as the incendiary motar but for the machine gun and cannon's when an enemy unit is hit it will appear to be on fire for a few seconds.

2. Armour: Extra Armour plating upgrade
When this upgrade comes into effect Every tank,vtol,hovercraft, ect will appear with a layer of armour ( a bright grey colour with team colour markings ) the armour does not last long but could give you those critical seconds to turn a fight around.

3. Weapon: Cryo beam
A weapon which can be fitted onto any land vehicle, the cryo beam would fire a beam of blue energy which will freeze any other land unit, the cryo beam gun can only target one vehicle so if you want to freeze many units at once, you would need to mass produce the cryo beam tank. When an enemy unit is hit, it will change to an ice blue colour regardless of team colour and remain frozen that way for around 5 or 10 seconds.

4. Defence structure: Mass accelerator Cannon
This structure can be regarded as a super defence building, the MAC can hit any structure as long as a radar tower has it in view, the only downside is, it takes a while to build and takes a long time to reload after firing a shot. Due to the nature of the MAC, the building should be limited to the amount that can be built.

I hope you like my Ideas. I welcome any and all comments.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: A bunch of ideas.

Post by NoQ »

1. Possible with mods (see "flame spitter" in NRS mod).
3. http://guide.wz2100.net/w/empcannon
4. How much exactly is it different from laser satellite command post?
ArmyofFire515
Greenhorn

Post by ArmyofFire515 »

NoQ wrote:1. Possible with mods (see "flame spitter" in NRS mod).
1. alright I will check it out
3. thanks for the link
4. I've never had the chance to use the Laser satellite command post myself in games soooo I wasn't even aware of how it worked.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ArmyofFire515 wrote:
1. alright I will check it out
3. thanks for the link
4. I've never had the chance to use the Laser satellite command post myself in games soooo I wasn't even aware of how it worked.
this is why a game less than an hour is ... useless. :) rush and flat maps combined with no time for just sitting down with a good computer in front of you has spoiled most people. you dont get to see everything.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

The lassat research path, pass trough vtols AND mortar at the same time. There is practically no chance a player that dont know how to reach it, stumble on it.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Iluvalar wrote:There is practically no chance a player that dont know how to reach it, stumble on it.
Don't assume so much some games can go for ages and you run out of things to research..

Quoting things as fact because you assume it to be that way is not a good method
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Iluvalar wrote:The lassat research path, pass trough vtols AND mortar at the same time. There is practically no chance a player that dont know how to reach it, stumble on it.
/me has stumbled on it, several times.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Iluvalar have added small incendiary effect for many weapons :)
Iluvalar wrote:The lassat research path, pass trough vtols AND mortar at the same time. There is practically no chance a player that dont know how to reach it, stumble on it.
it looks like some kind of anti-noob protect from using lassat by noobs and it is good
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Cyp wrote:
/me has stumbled on it, several times.
But you are one of the abnormals that is willing to stay 45 minutes after the game to draw stuff with walls on the radar.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, i've seen laser satellites in some 2x2 low-oil multiplayer battles.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

nvm, not applicable
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241