Idea: Territory mode (optional game feature)

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Idea: Territory mode (optional game feature)

Post by lav_coyote25 »

zydonk wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote:
zydonk wrote: Can you save an mp game and return to it? mp will always be much more pressurised than sk, if only because of the degree of human unpredictability. My point stands.

Isn't this natter wonderfully off-topic?
start coding, perhaps your efforts will pay off when people are able to save multiplayer games.... i agree about being more pressurized. thing is , no one is working on the code for such a thing. off topic? nothing is truly off topic.
Re saving in mp - a rhetorical flourish to make the point that the fact that an mp bout must be finished in one session adds a time-pressure too. Can mp players actually leave their computers during a game? You know, to grab another beer or pee. (I know, I know, they play it in the jacks with the beer kept cool in the cistern!)

No off topic, lav? Can we hold you to that?
nope. if it is off topic, unlike the current topic... then will shall tell you it is off topic. but for now, your ok. :lecture:
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

aubergine wrote:*wishes he could synaptic link to Rman's brain*

*also wishes he didn't suffer short term memory loss ...and long term memory loss ...and medium term memory loss.*
:o ... :) ... :lol2: ...

And here I was following your every effort with Eggplant A.I. like one trekking through a desert low on water, then seeing an oasis in the distance and thinking, if only. :3

If only I had aubergine's dynamic gestalt of original creativity, breath of knowledge and fluent know-how. :good:

If only I could soar like an eagle instead of this rare sprightly lope of an old dog trying to learn new tricks. :wheee:

If only... :hmm:

Last edited by Rman Virgil on 20 Feb 2012, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

This came to mind a while back as relevant here but I am just getting around to making the time to post - for the sake of WZ historical continuity, context & possible interest...

------->

Many years ago (2001 I think) member troman made a mod based on "territories". It was called WarZones and it was inspired by a very original strategy game created in 1996 by Bitmap Brothers called "Z": HERE. (Also of interest & relevance in of itself, methinks.)

Side Bar: Member troman also created many years ago the 1st adaptive WZ a.i. called Aivolution that also, for the 1st time, utilized Campaign Transports, gave target bonuses for high ground, had chat taunting, & allied with humans & other a.i.s. HERE. He changed v. 1.10 source in making the above possible.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Side Bar: Member troman also created many years ago the 1st adaptive WZ a.i. called Aivolution that also, for the 1st time, utilized Campaign Transports, gave target bonuses for high ground, had chat taunting, & allied with humans & other a.i.s. HERE. He changed v. 1.10 source in making the above possible.
The Aivolution and WZ starter links are dead.. does anyone have a copy of both I can get? Will need to look and see what version if any of WZS I have. I think its one of the few things i'm missing :(
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:
The Aivolution and WZ starter links are dead.. does anyone have a copy of both I can get? Will need to look and see what version if any of WZS I have. I think its one of the few things i'm missing :(
AiVolution should still be in the project repository (the version without tank transport support or high ground bonuses). As for the original version with the modified v.1.10c binary and data set along with the last version of WZS - Lav should have em. I recently cleaned house and no longer have any of that stuff... sorry.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

*cry* So how to contact?
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I still have 1.10c at home, I may attach it here later. As for starter, I think I had one somewhere but not sure.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Rman Virgil wrote:AiVolution should still be in the project repository (the version without tank transport support or high ground bonuses).
Seems it's in 2.2: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... aivolution
We want information... information... information.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:*cry* So how to contact?
Yea, it was like going cold-turkey for me.

I'll get in touch with him this week. He has like 5 gigs of old WZ stuff. Get back to you via PM.

aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Rman if he needs a place to upload it let me know :)
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

aubergine wrote:@Rman if he needs a place to upload it let me know :)
Will do. :)

Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

here is some old stuff If its what you asked for.
Attachments
WzStarter_2.144.zip
(2.72 MiB) Downloaded 209 times
Warzone110c.zip
(507.99 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
AIvolution1.32.zip
(751.83 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Rman Virgil wrote: Yea, it was like going cold-turkey for me.

I'll get in touch with him this week. He has like 5 gigs of old WZ stuff. Get back to you via PM.
Yeah, I would like to get my hands on that. I have about 1Gb from everything I downloaded from the old newst website before it shut down and I know thats not even everything we had (even some very early cam4 stuff or at least the preview trailer thingie you did). Anyway, if he agrees I can paypal some money over if he can send a pair of dvds. Or just upload a 7zip under ultra compression (split in cd sized chucks) and post on some file sharing site. :hmm:

@Terminator - :) :D XD 8) After hours of hunting I did find a copy of the missing WZS 2.msi file as well as 1.10c but never found the aivolution 1.32 I did grab the 2.1 version so I did have something to look at.

To end the thread hijacking (so sorry for that) Did troman ever release all of his source changes back into the repo or just some?
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

If the preview trailer thingie you mention used 'Welcome to the Machine' as a soundtrack, I think Blacksabbath did that.

I did the TWZ logo movie thing with Animation Shop 3. Still have that, even. :P

If I recall, I was also the one who was supposed to script the Mangodai Campaign ... <.< >.> Funny, cause I could script that in my sleep, now .. :lol2:

Ahh, memories.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Don't know, it was the Mangodia preview using that funny video player.