Incendiary MG Idea

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
General
New user

Incendiary MG Idea

Post by General »

I skimmed around and did not see the idea that I thought would be a nice addition to the game so I thought I would throw it out there :D
I think that there should be a researchable weapon that comes after some MG & Flamer research. It should be something like an incendiary MG that does fire damage and less kinetic damage etc...
Related sub ideas:
-After a certain number of bullets hit (3 or so) the enemy unit would catch on fire (like when hit by a Flamer)
-Slightly slower fire rate, kinetic damage, and range than other MGs (to make sure its not overpowered)
Please post if you have any ideas to add to this so it can possibly make it into the game, thanks! :D
Boris
Trained
Trained

Re: Incendiary MG Idea

Post by Boris »

Alone I have to register your base.wz or if preradis mp.wz upon thy work ..
IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained

Post by IgorBrehm »

Great idea! But i do not think that the developers have much time to d this right now ...'
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

What about a whole new line of 5 weapons, 9 dmg upgrade and 5 ROF upg. Shooting a sort of hot plasma that burn units from afar ?

I have a mod (NRS++) that have it already. All I really need is the developer to copy paste the solution :
1)More researches : https://github.com/Iluvalar/warzone2100 ... c9783feac6
2)More weapon classes : https://github.com/Iluvalar/warzone2100 ... e94da4b22f

This doesn't mean they will do it.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

They won't if it breaks e.g. campaign savegames (don't know if it does, but looks like it could).
We want information... information... information.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

i like current WZ weapons, not sure we need more :)
i think weapons should have more visual effects. Most players don't know about splash damage, weapon modifiers etc.
rockets - make holes in tank bodies or smth
splash damage - make better visual blow effect for cannons shots
weapon upgrades shoud be visualized too, cannon laser designator?? why i dont see lasers on my cannons? :) it can be small red spot near turret... etc
rayfxrazorz
Greenhorn

Post by rayfxrazorz »

Agree with Reg321 here, if you get the laser designator, there should appear the laser on the cannon or what ever weapon it is for. Visually to see, would look great & acknowledge that it is fitted & working! I guess it would be a red beam and work a little like the Commanders colorful streaming beam, but all red in one thin line !

As far as Incendiary MG Idea goes, it would be like an 'Exploding Bullet' look cool, better than the Depleted Uranium bullets... which have no special visual effect at all ! Not too exciting ! They should have some sort of green goo / gas as after effect or something to distinguish them apart !

Incendiary MG having the the appropriate fire effects like the Incendiary Howitzer etc.. yep :ninja:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

On the other hand, the M1 Abrams has a laser designator and you don't see it, because it's not in the visible spectrum and it's not intended to be seen. Also, it's just a millisecond pulse.

The closest thing to an incendiary mg is indeed DU bullets (which are not very radioactive at all and certainly not green :) ) The question is of course if we want to involve thermal damage as well as kinetic, because it would certainly be hard to balance. In fact most high-velocity rounds do quite a bit of thermal damage since the penetrated armor is blasted into the vehicle in liquid form due to friction.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
WZ2100
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WZ2100 »

General wrote:I skimmed around and did not see the idea that I thought would be a nice addition to the game so I thought I would throw it out there :D
There is another forum member that has a suggestion somewhat like yours, except that each projectile causes fire damage:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11500&p=126299&hil ... et#p126299
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

I don't think we need any new weapons but it would certainly be possible at add incendiary tracer rounds to the tech tree an upgrade which simply causes existing machine guns to do additional burn damage to targets in addition to there current effect would be helpful for AAA guns as well for knocking out faster more lightly armored vtols
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Been done to death in mods...
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G