Addon enhancements thread

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
dak180
Trained
Trained

Re: Addon enhancements thread

Post by dak180 »

I would suspect that it something covered by mod_rewrite rules or their equivalent.
Since we do not actually use Apache and mod_rewrite frustrates me to no end at the best of times, I have no real help that I can offer you with this; though if you want to make it not require mod_rewrite or something like it that would be very good.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Rewrite rules:

Code: Select all

rewrite ^/download/([a-z0-9/]*[^/]+)\.wz/?$ /index.php?p=download&file=/$1.wz last;
                rewrite ^/map/([A-Za-z0-9/-]*[A-Za-z0-9-])/?$ /index.php?p=view&fullid=map/$1 last;
                rewrite ^/mod/([A-Za-z0-9/-]*[A-Za-z0-9-])/?$ /index.php?p=view&fullid=mod/$1 last;
                rewrite ^/unapproved\/map/([A-Za-z0-9/-]*[A-Za-z0-9-])/?$ /index.php?p=view&fullid=unapproved/map/$1 last;
                rewrite ^/unapproved\/mod/([A-Za-z0-9/-]*[A-Za-z0-9-])/?$ /index.php?p=view&fullid=unapproved/mod/$1 last;
                rewrite ^/([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ /index.php?p=$1 last;
                rewrite ^/([0-9.-]+)/?$ /index.php?p=$1 last;
                rewrite ^/([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/([A-Za-z0-9/-]*[A-Za-z0-9-])/?$ /index.php?p=$1&sub=$2 last;
We want information... information... information.
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

cybersphinx wrote:Rewrite rules:

Code: Select all

rewrite ^/download/([a-z0-9/]*[^/]+)\.wz/?$ /index.php?p=download&file=/$1.wz last;
                rewrite ^/map/([A-Za-z0-9/-]*[A-Za-z0-9-])/?$ /index.php?p=view&fullid=map/$1 last;
                rewrite ^/mod/([A-Za-z0-9/-]*[A-Za-z0-9-])/?$ /index.php?p=view&fullid=mod/$1 last;
                rewrite ^/unapproved\/map/([A-Za-z0-9/-]*[A-Za-z0-9-])/?$ /index.php?p=view&fullid=unapproved/map/$1 last;
                rewrite ^/unapproved\/mod/([A-Za-z0-9/-]*[A-Za-z0-9-])/?$ /index.php?p=view&fullid=unapproved/mod/$1 last;
                rewrite ^/([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ /index.php?p=$1 last;
                rewrite ^/([0-9.-]+)/?$ /index.php?p=$1 last;
                rewrite ^/([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/([A-Za-z0-9/-]*[A-Za-z0-9-])/?$ /index.php?p=$1&sub=$2 last;
Except that none of those are what is actually being used (nothing in any of the .htaccess files is).
Keeper of the Mac Builds
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

dak180 wrote:Except that none of those are what is actually being used (nothing in any of the .htaccess files is).
They're from the server config. But if you think they're useless I'll remove them, less clutter.
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

cybersphinx wrote:
dak180 wrote:Except that none of those are what is actually being used (nothing in any of the .htaccess files is).
They're from the server config. But if you think they're useless I'll remove them, less clutter.
All those files are from when we used to use Apache, since everything is now served by nginx none of those are now used, but I have no idea how many of those rules have been ported to the nginx config files.

We should keep them until we are sure that we do not need them as references.
Keeper of the Mac Builds
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

dak180 wrote:everything is now served by nginx
I know.
nginx config files.
That's where I got them from.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Oh crap ... i should have installed nginx :doh: