Minefields For ?? or.. Against ?? Few Ideas

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Minefields For ?? or.. Against ?? Few Ideas

Post by lav_coyote25 » 25 Sep 2011, 22:03

iMac wrote:+1

I would be for mines as long as they are implemented as described by lav_coyote. Though I would also prefer the addition of a mine detector turret on a tank.

A few points to add:

It would have a low armor value so if it is used as a point unit/scout it could be easily destroyed.
It would also have a small detection radius so you couldn't place it behind your regular tanks & still detect mines ahead of your units
mine layer / detector = one (1) only cyborg. there were 2 at one point. as far as i am concerned all it should take is one (1). more is just a duplication of services and not needed. see : Real Life Engineers. able to plant and to detect and make safe ... just saying. :lecture:

iMac
Trained
Trained

Post by iMac » 25 Sep 2011, 22:59

I agree with that, as long as there isn't any friendly fire, even with teams involved.

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg » 27 Sep 2011, 21:46

Well I suppose in case of minefields, a lot of different aspects should be taken into consideration, and it slowly turns out here

P.S.

I very shyly recall some things that I have in the first post here, wouldn they be nice too or I have epic fail somewehre here.. :hmm:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero

Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio » 20 Oct 2011, 16:18

brakenfur 54 wrote:the N.T.W mod as mines but they`re useless becuase any old tank cyborg what ever would just start shooting at em i assume that is why they are no longer in the game
thats not right, the enemy units dont see your mines.

nloewen
Greenhorn

Post by nloewen » 26 Oct 2011, 22:00

its the future. give the mines some graphene, and a nfc chip. when the tank drives over the mine says hello, if the tank can't authenticate in say .1s, boom. now you have mines that don't blow up under allied vehicles, and a nice story too. all thats left is the gui.

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg » 11 Nov 2011, 12:15

Ok I have just spotted this and I am confused :hmm:

I think waht happened is "what to say" after such abstract thing :) so let me break the ice :)

Gentlemen feel free to talk and exhange ideas again about the mines topic :)

Even a mod created at least partly in a way I have presented here might be very interesting I assume :)

It would be a really new dimention to the game I dare to say :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero