Minefields For ?? or.. Against ?? Few Ideas

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Minefields For ?? or.. Against ?? Few Ideas

Post by Merowingg »

Hello gentlemen :)

I am not sure if topic of that kind appeared somewhere already, I could not find it at least so this is the result :)

An idea came to my mind, how about a unit, a tank, or cyborg, or tank and cyborg that set mines on the map ??

In my idea not only the unit that places the mines cost but also the mines being placed on the map.

To avoid sytuations like (omg why did I explode ??...) a voice (my beloved one) can make a statement like "unit hit mine" or "warning units entering possible minefirld" (after one of the mines explodes next to, or exactly at a tank, cyborg or any other kind of unit. Or "warning mainfield detected" and a unit which was hit or any next to the one destroyed starts to send green bacon for example o the minimap to show us where is the invisible troube.

There can also be special units to defuse mine. Here I wonder if it should collect it to our purposes or simply eliminate them, but I think eliminate. Or maybe collect and enable to be sold for some power in a new special building ??

I am not sure how to show to ourselves where our mines are, and here are two new ways. The first one is that our mines simply do not hit our units (we pass them freely as we know where they are) or we are being hit by them too.

The placed mines, or rather sectors where mines are can be showed on the minimap by areas of green higlighted circles or squares. But showing every mine on the minimap would result on doting chaos so maybe a mainfield would be mined on area for example 10 x 10 tiles. It takes some time for speciual unit to mine itm but when finished it shows up on the minimap.

I also thought about fancu thing, that a player could have a button to defuse all minefields pointed by clicking, by doing this, for example exploding one minefield next to incoming units one can warn incoming person that the area is mined. And here psyhological war begins :) you could have only two mainfields, and your base is unprotected in very bad condition, but the enemy do not know that, so he may stop for a while, and this is your precious time here. The enemy may think the whole area is packed with minefields.

A special unit that search for mines, a cool loking badly heavily armoured tank very slow one, or a cyborg that moves 3 mph ;) that scanes nearest area :) when he finds a mine field he reports it, as yellow bacon for example :) and only then special saper units go after him and slowly defuse.

Here also two special kinds of mines could be made, and two different kinds of units for them. One mine kind for tanks.. and.. the other for hovers :) this one could be more expensive (unit and mine itself) a kind of mine which react on hoovers, lets say jum up from the ground, and then explode :)

There could also be a very expensive Vtol unit, with a special kind of radar, instead of weapon equipment of any kind. Such Vtol will show minefields on the minimap by flying at least few times around an area. The Vtol may be also very fragile.

That is what came to my mind lately :)

What do you think Gentlemen ??

I smile already towards idea that I put entre minefields on maps that I make :)

The minefields so (all things connected with it) could be made to be turned off like Vtols are enabled to be now.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained

Re: Minefields For ?? or.. Against ?? Few Ideas

Post by IgorBrehm »

there's a game called S.W.I.N.E that haves a interesting bunch of ideas from de tanks to the mines,you should search for it and the game owner Stormregion no longer exists so there's no problem i think :lol2: http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/s-w-i-n-e-.htm . It work on all systems i think at least windows 7 and Xp it works :P
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

IgorBrehm hello :)

I loved S.W.I.N.E game :) And I have it original on CD ! :) It was added to Polish games magazine long long time ago :)

I remember I finished few first missions, the game was hard in such way that, the further you went in missions, the more difficult it got, so if you lose too many units in previous missions, it was much harder in another mission and so on and so on, so i played trying few times as long as i did not lose any unit in a mission :)

I remember nice small repairing trailers being attached at the back of cars :)

I also remember great theme from the mission menu when you have won :) buying tanks and equipment :)

Thanx for reminding me about this game ! I did not finish it.. soon after i begun to play it.. i had to make my OS..

I am still on XP so maybe I run it today ?? :)

But back to the topic.. unfortunately I dont remember a thing about mines there.. maybe I did not went so far yet then ??

Thanx for your post !!

Cya :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained

Post by IgorBrehm »

:lol2: ,i also have the CD :P . I won the rabbit's campaign but the pigs campaign i cant win the last level :oops: ,it is really a hard game,in the pigs campaign buy the pigbulls and one artillery with mine detection,binoculars and repair kit,the pigbulls put extra armor,turbo boost and pig beer :P ,the pigbulls are the best ones because when they are elite level and you dig them in the ground they become almost indestructible :lol2: also don't forget to send always the artillery first to scan for mines and dont worry because the repair kit repairs the vehicle automaticaly :lol2: :lol2: dont buy the hogs because they are too big so they dont have a chance of shooting at the same unit together. The bombers are ok but they have a very low ammo count
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

IgorBrehm :)

You are far more ahead than I was then :) And all mechanisms of the game sounds to be even cooler then :)

And thanx for all hints !!

I have already found the CD it is waiting next to me, but I have to postpone instlling it..

I wander if the game music is ogg.. I would love to have this crazy tune on my I pod :hmm:

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I wander if the game music is ogg.. I would love to have this crazy tune on my I pod
Come on it's not that hard to re-encode.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

There was a mod that allowed mines for the original game.
Coyote or Rman would know much more about this though.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Come on it's not that hard to re-encode.
Of course it is easy when I have ogg I have converters exchanging almost any music file into MP 3 the problem for me is.. if it is not ogg or something I will not be able to locate it.. and I could get help here.. NoQ you know perfectly I am not good at informatics..
There was a mod that allowed mines for the original game.
Coyote or Rman would know much more about this though.
I didnt know about that :hmm:

Speaking of Rman our friend wasnt here for a longer time :hmm:

Regards - Mero
IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained

Post by IgorBrehm »

the musics are very cool sometimes i open the game just to listen to the musics :lol2:
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I think the NTW mod that comes with the game has mines.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well.. in 2.3.8 ??

And what I suggest here is this complex structure of minefields and its industry :)

Regards - Mero
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

the N.T.W mod as mines but they`re useless becuase any old tank cyborg what ever would just start shooting at em i assume that is why they are no longer in the game
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

If we want to implement mines, then I suggest that we look into incorporating stealth gameplay and make the mines require a stealth-detecting unit before they can be seen (and hence targeted).
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:If we want to implement mines, then I suggest that we look into incorporating stealth gameplay and make the mines require a stealth-detecting unit before they can be seen (and hence targeted).
well, that was how they were supposed to be... there were minelayer / detector cyborgs - other cyborgs / tanks were not supposed to be able to detect. something in the code must have broken . just a fyi. i used them to great extent on the old gmae prior to release of warzone 2100 source code.
iMac
Trained
Trained

Post by iMac »

+1

I would be for mines as long as they are implemented as described by lav_coyote. Though I would also prefer the addition of a mine detector turret on a tank.

A few points to add:

It would have a low armor value so if it is used as a point unit/scout it could be easily destroyed.
It would also have a small detection radius so you couldn't place it behind your regular tanks & still detect mines ahead of your units