Small Mortars

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Sir Willis VvS
Rookie
Rookie

Small Mortars

Post by Sir Willis VvS »

If a mortar or pepporpot or incindery mortor when mounted on a vehicle body could have rotateable turrets then the design would be a very handy thing. there not high damage and if it wld be to good at early stages would it be possible to make a research that does this later on?? i would love to see incideray mortor paired with somehting else on a dragon body.
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Re: Small Mortars

Post by Jonix »

Yes, I would too. :)
"All they who take thy sword, shall perish with thy sword"
"There is no good or evil, there is only power!"
Jonix
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I strongly desagree with that. Fire on move = false. Is one of the things that make that weapons particular. That's what make the game richer at the end. However we can boost the tank turret in many other way. 'cause I agree it's not usable as it is on tanks.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Hmm, come to think of it... but as you say we need to do something about these mortars.
Jonix
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

I'd actually like to see some rotatable mortars in action as well. It'd certainly make them more useful in the middle-to-late-game, since Howitzers outclass them in every aspect (except for rate-of-fire, cost, and weight). Perhaps players could choose to research these as one or more separate turrets (one each for the Mortar, Bombard, Pepperpot, and/or Incendiary Mortar)? Perhaps they could cost a bit more power, and add more weight to the vehicles that mount them?
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Interesting... yea, thats a good idea!
Jonix