Factory Production

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Zodiark77777
Greenhorn

Factory Production

Post by Zodiark77777 »

It's always been sooooo annoying or time-consuming to have to pic every factory individually and assign production and assign waypoints and assign loops...what if there was a structure, like some factory control center research that you would research, and then you could control all factory production from your command center? you would simply click a unit multiple times and those orders would be instantly devided among avaliable factories, which would then deliver them to a singular waypoint! (because how often do we not have our factories in the same place?) this would save time and, possibly, the game.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Re: Factory Production

Post by Saberuneko »

I tend to have 2 or 3 outpost far from base, to attack my enemy faster.
This idea wouldn't work for me.
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

I suggested this a year ago or something very similar, would come in especially handy in master where you can have up to 45 factories. And yea i always put my factories together or at least my delivery points so would work for me.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

If you're trying to suggest that this game needs a method for being able to queue up production orders for factories without having to manually bring them into view and select them from the battlefield, then that's already been established since this game came out. You can queue up production orders from each of your factories through the sidebars.

However, if you're suggesting that we should be able to queue up orders from multiple factories simultaneously (like in Starcraft 2), then I'd say that that's a good idea, though it shouldn't be implemented into the form of a structure. Rather, I think that such a feature would most likely be implemented as a built-in feature of the production tab.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I think he's saying he'd like multiple factories to receive the same order, but only need to give that order once.

Sounds like a nice feature to me :)
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

If you can group factories independently, yeah, it would be useful.
:3
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

A good system I have encountered is simply being able to select multiple factories, where every factory recieves the same order. Also, waypoint could be set, for example, by issuing a move order to the factory, although that is less important since you uysually only do it once in the game.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Also hotkeying factories like unit groups, etc.
Zodiark77777
Greenhorn

Post by Zodiark77777 »

effigy wrote:I think he's saying he'd like multiple factories to receive the same order, but only need to give that order once.

Sounds like a nice feature to me :)
yes, this is what i have implies.