Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 1

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute.

Post by Terminator »

Wish: Bring back original 3dfx cursors (color) - I remember it was a little patch for retail version 1.10a - there was a try to make it. It will be wounderfull if wrp version will have it too
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Terminator wrote: Wish: Bring back original 3dfx cursors (color) - I remember it was a little patch for retail version 1.10a - there was a try to make it. It will be wounderfull if wrp version will have it too
I did look into this a couple of weeks ago. SDL only supports B&W cursors and so the only way to do it would be to replace the cursor by a texture/image (which I think it how they did it for 3dfx).

Regards, Freddie.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

So Can it be done for the next release ?

EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Terminator wrote: So Can it be done for the next release ?
It is definitely not a priority. Doing so may also have side effects (performance).

Unless SDL gets coloured cursor support back I can not see it happening. There are just more important things to work on.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

EvilGuru wrote: Unless SDL gets coloured cursor support back I can not see it happening. There are just more important things to work on.
Agree. its not important for now.

New staff for future MasterServer:

I wish that in games list was  a difference betwean game modes, Because Its always show Skirmish icon. Its better when showes teamplay or campaing, or that skirmish.

ofcourse players online availablity display will be awesome

psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

can the "go for repair" order choose repair facility by shortest valid path, rather then direct distance as it seems to.
causes some odd choices at the moment.

tanks going the length of the map to go to a facility that only hovers can reach etc.
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
Normandy
New user

Post by Normandy »

Would it be possible to introduce a "retrofit" action for the repair facility that let you simply spend resources to upgrade a unit instead of having to scrap it and re-building it (something not exactly too feasible for the larger units)?

Also, is it possible to have multiple turrets? In the text file it shows "number of weapon slots" as a variable, but it doesn't do anything. Is that simply a planned feature, lost vestiges, or something put in but abandoned?
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Normandy wrote: Would it be possible to introduce a "retrofit" action for the repair facility that let you simply spend resources to upgrade a unit instead of having to scrap it and re-building it (something not exactly too feasible for the larger units)?

Also, is it possible to have multiple turrets? In the text file it shows "number of weapon slots" as a variable, but it doesn't do anything. Is that simply a planned feature, lost vestiges, or something put in but abandoned?
Multi turrets do exist in SVN (to be 2.1). However only certain bodies support them.

Regards, Freddie.
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

accurate impact detect for weapons, i dont get how a bunker buster can fire through a research facility, and only hit the ground on the far side.
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

EvilGuru wrote: Multi turrets do exist in SVN (to be 2.1). However only certain bodies support them.

Regards, Freddie.
i got 2 questions:
is SVN a mod or so? how to enable it?
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

HCN-Trooper wrote: i got 2 questions:
is SVN a mod or so? how to enable it?
Nope SVN is an abbreviation of Subversion which is the Version Control System we use to maintain the source code. You can install it to download the latest source code (and keep it up to date). You'll still need to compile it though.

Instructions for checking out the source with Subversion can be found here: https://gna.org/svn/?group=warzone

Compiling is quite a lot more difficult though... And if the only reason you would want to use the current development trunk is the fact that it has multi turrets I suggest you wait until we release it.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

psychopompos wrote: i have c&cTFD.
those games are c&c games.
last i looked, Warzone2100, was not a C&C title.

if you used a seperate design system for mechs like the one in front mission 3 or 4, it could by a proper addition.
matrix'esk mechs for axample, could fit the wz2100 ethetic.
slow, expensive, but multiple (4-6) guns, moving through a battlefield could have use.
srry for reviving old discussions :P
WZ isn´t a CnC game, ye ofcource, i only noticed that the Story lines have some connections like NEXUS, he is like CABAL was in the CNC Storyline...seek up yourself :P

and for the Insect walker idea, i like that one, because it now can follow an evolution like thing (Light Medium Heavy) so:

Light:
-mech walker
--4 legs
--Slow,heavy weight,medium HP,heavy costs

Medium:
-Pre-Insect walker
--4 legs
--fast,medium weight,Medium HP,Medium costs

Heavy:
-Insect walker
--6 legs
--Same as medium but when researched `Improved walker rythm`:Fast,Medium weight,heavy HP, Medium costs

i´ll design the props asap...
mongoose
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mongoose »

HCN-Trooper wrote:and for the Insect walker idea, i like that one, because it now can follow an evolution like thing (Light Medium Heavy) so:

Light:
-mech walker
--4 legs
--Slow,heavy weight,medium HP,heavy costs

Medium:
-Pre-Insect walker
--4 legs
--fast,medium weight,Medium HP,Medium costs

Heavy:
-Insect walker
--6 legs
--Same as medium but when researched `Improved walker rythm`:Fast,Medium weight,heavy HP, Medium costs
First up, your 'Light' walker sounds pretty heavy.
Secondly, only medium HP for a slow, costly propulsion!?
Thirdly, the medium design is faster, cheaper and AFAIK equal in armor to the light design.
Apart from these things I quite like your ideas.
.........................................I like Gauss Cannons.........................................
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

mongoose wrote: First up, your 'Light' walker sounds pretty heavy.
Secondly, only medium HP for a slow, costly propulsion!?
Thirdly, the medium design is faster, cheaper and AFAIK equal in armor to the light design.
Apart from these things I quite like your ideas.
Ye the light is slow because of the 4 HEAVY legs it has to move espacialy when turning around
medium HP because it has some weak points ofcourse which can't be covered
Costly because it´s very Heavy, it needs very much materials and such...

the Medium design will be fairly faster because there is more movement in each leg (each leg makes circular angles instead of just going forward and backward) and it has simply less weight, it doesn't need lots less materials(in comparison with the Light) so it´s cheaper and the Gravity Center will be lowered (someone bright noticed this aspect :P )

i'm still designing....
mongoose
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mongoose »

[quote="HCN-Trooper"][/quote]These things may be more realistic, but it just makes the light walker useless once you get the medium. Unless you mean they replace each other in which case I agree whole-heartedly.
.........................................I like Gauss Cannons.........................................