Quality of Multiplayer games >HOST<

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Quality of Multiplayer games >HOST<

Post by BunkerBlaster »

What I propose is a new ranking system just for those that HOST the game. So there would be two ranks for the Host. One that he already has for playing games, the other just for how well he can host games. There are not that many good hosts and maybe a HOST ranking system would inspire the Hosts to be better HOSTS. A good host makes sure everyone has good pings and lets everyone finish the game irregardless if host wins or not. For example a bad host allows players with bad ping to him and many people drop during the game. Or a Host has 7 other players playing the game and the Host is the first to die, the host says I have nothing left, new game new map. You give the host trucks and ask him not to quit but he says he does not care and quits anyways.

It would be nice if The HOST RANK could be shown in the Lobby Server. If thats not possible then a extra Rank for the HOST could be shown when you join the game. And well if thats not possible then maybe it can be added to the list of things to be added someday.

So if HOST quits the game before the game is over > reduction in host rank.
If players drop or becomes disconnected > reduction in host rank. (note: there should be no reduction if player quits on his own)

I have read elsewhere to only join games that you know are good hosts. Well you have to test 50 hosts to find the best 5. And when the best 5 stop hosting or change their name your back to square one. A host ranking system would alleviate the frustration of finding a good host. It would also tell us the chances of having a good quality multiplayer game.
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Re: Quality of Multiplayer games >HOST<

Post by Jonix »

Yea, but with the multiplayer ranking you can be a rubbish player but have all the stars and medals and vise versa for the host ranking system.
"All they who take thy sword, shall perish with thy sword"
"There is no good or evil, there is only power!"
Jonix