Stealth unit

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
zarulhairee
Trained
Trained

Stealth unit

Post by zarulhairee »

i have new idea... Stealth unit... can only be detected by radar or radar unit... i have a concept of the stealth unit illustration. i post it on Artwork sub-forum. :D
ENEMY OF ENEMY WITHIN ENEMY THAT LIES BETWEEN ENEMY THAT TRIES TO UNFOLD AN ENEMY SO THAT THE ENEMY WILL THINK IT'S ENEMY IS AWAY FROM THE ENEMY HOME WORLD THEN AFTER THE ENEMY WORLD

wanna add me on Google talk? go ahead :D

[email protected]
Zodiark77777
Greenhorn

Re: Stealth unit

Post by Zodiark77777 »

like, a spy? how would that work...would it be an infantry unit? would it be used for recon, or sabotage, or theft, or hacking...or all of those things? maybe we could even have different spies...
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: Stealth unit

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

I've also been thinking that it would be neat if there were stealthy units (perhaps cloaked even) in the game. It could be in the form of stealthy bodies (or stealthy variants of certain cyborgs), though if there exists the option to choose from a list of add-ons (such as some sort of checklist), then that would work as well (like the personal shielding technology that someone else proposed). Of course, in order to balance these stealthy units out to keep them from being overpowered, I've proposed the following gameplay traits for stealthy units:

1. Give stealthy bodies (and cyborgs) inferior stats compared to bodies of the same cost, thus discouraging players from using them over non-stealthy units for frontal assaults.
2. Make stealthy units detectable by sensors and commanders, and only grant units/structures that are assigned to the sensors/commanders the ability to target those stealthy units via target painting. (Giving commanders stealth detection capabilities should in turn make them more viable for players that prefer to attack their opponents with masses of direct-fire units.)
3. Have stealthy units decloak briefly when they're firing upon something, giving units that are under fire the chance to return fire on the stealthy units.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100