Special Button to Call Presently Inactive Truck or Trucks

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
macuser
Regular
Regular

Re: Special Button to Call Presently Inactive Truck or Truck

Post by macuser »

BTW daltx or should i say dalton, how did you change your username?
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

macuser wrote:BTW daltx or should i say dalton, how did you change your username?
Magic :ninja:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Dalton wrote:
macuser wrote:BTW daltx or should i say dalton, how did you change your username?
Magic :ninja:
Magic is only an illusion.

@ macuser : How Magic Works
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Ah yes mysql commands ;)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Dalton wrote:There is not suppose to be a hotkey for everything, you are should be able to micro manage your units.
Why not? (:
Remembering where all your 15 trucks are is not something you would really like to learn by playing the game (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well of course it is nice to manage them all manually, so much happens then :) but imagine 7 trucks building, and 7 are here there and everywhere, and you look for them, one is near comand centre, second near oil, third sent to look for oil, forth have just finished with five upgrading power generator :) and 3 more ;) so imagine you pers one button 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 in 2,5 sec and you have selected them all :) isnt that great ?? :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Yihka
Greenhorn

Post by Yihka »

A hotkey would be nice, I suppose.

It would make life easier to micromanage your builders and save a lot of seconds. if you are one to forget your builder is standing still and have to move all the way to the truck losing a lot of valuable seconds which could be used to micromanage other stuff which means you might be in a disadvantage of possibly 3 seconds while if you had a hotkey it would be under 2 seconds if you are used to it!

And if you forget one truck, the other trucks might be also ready, giving you even more of a disadvantage, making your opponent have atleast 10 seconds to their advantage.

But if the other opponent forgets it too, then he is in the same disadvantage as you. But real pro's will not forget it as often and have a solid build order to make sure they use their builders at their maximum potential.

Overall newbies who don't know about the hotkey will be at a more severe disadvantage ( which they probably were already because I dont think they would use their builders 100% of the time, more like 70-80% if played before. ) while experienced players will be at a more of an advantage as they will lose less time but pro's will be able to micromanage even better giving them the most advantage they can get.

In the end it's all about skill and giving a hotkey will make life easier for everyone.

I support?
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

And thank you :)

Fianlly a man who knows the matter :)
I support?
Well dont ask just support :)

Gentlemen such a key, i men on the screen near the left main menu, maybe at the edge of it ?? would make miracles..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Mero, I SUPPORT! :)
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Merowingg, divide your trucks into groups.

Example: You got 12 trucks, to make things easy, split them up into 3 groups of 4 trucks or 4 groups of 3 trucks & vice-versa.

IMHO, this feature is not necessary and i don't support that, it's a matter of learning to how micromanage your trucks.
Someone else wrote:Micromanagement should not be avoided. No reasons need to be given.
Regards BP
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Black Project wrote:
Someone else wrote:Micromanagement should not be avoided. No reasons need to be given.
:hmm:
I need to be given the reasons, I find micromanagment so annoying, and i'm sure im not the only person who thinks this.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Mero, I SUPPORT! :)
thanx Wibble :)
Merowingg, divide your trucks into groups.

Example: You got 12 trucks, to make things easy, split them up into 3 groups of 4 trucks or 4 groups of 3 trucks & vice-versa.
Black Project I do so :)
IMHO, this feature is not necessary and i don't support that, it's a matter of learning to how micromanage your trucks.
Well.. :) It is still micromanaging :) It is just simpler to select inactive unit :)

Ok lets do a compromise :) Maybe the button woud be optional ?? :) Beginers turn it on, and advanced players mange their trucks like hell :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well shall I understand only fans of micromanging are here ?? :)

Dont you find the idea quite good ??

Maybe it would be good to make it optional off or on :)

Regards - Mero
LZ compromised
Trained
Trained

Post by LZ compromised »

Honestly, I don't see what's the big problem here.

If you have one idle truck, F3 and click the ?

If you have two to four, F3, click the ?, click another ? and send it/them to the same spot to help in the process. Think about it, do you really want all your idle trucks on one and the same task? What if you suddenly need another spare truck the next minute?

Finally, if you have seven trucks doing something and seven more idling all around the place, you should've known better than to build more trucks that you are willing to micromanage.

So about the shortcut key:
Nice? Yes.
Useful? To some, seemingly to a minority.
Necessary? By no means.
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
—Bill Cosby
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well pressing ? is good in case of one truck, maybe two, but what if you want within a second or two call 4 trucks or 6 :) I think pople do not use ? becuse it takes too long..

Even for some minority if the button would be clearly visible I think pople woud start to use it, and it would be optional of course :)

And I like your summing up at the end :)

Regards - Mero