No-rush option for Single Player skirmishes

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
3drts
Trained
Trained

Re: No-rush option for Single Player skirmishes

Post by 3drts »

You are advocating using an exploit (half builds)....

Great.....
alto1234
Trained
Trained

Post by alto1234 »

building skeletons are a part of starcraft (protoss steal your gas?) and are also part of warzone
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Btw, i think it's fixed in trunk already. Half-built buildings have halved hp, etc.
P.S. Well, in starcraft, it's very different.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

I agree with this idea
I made example of working peace time in my map-mod viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8346
when enemy trying to attack while peace time his units get destroyed
I hope developers can realize code like mine, it did not get much time
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

While I'm not into rushing very much, I am into aggressively expanding my economy and securing it, always scouting, always looking for new resources to secure, always looking for new staging points to build remote factories at. I usually cannot afford to turtle, though I can attempt to intercept any enemy forces that come my way.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I don't turtle much either these days, but sometimes I'd like to be able to have the enemy not dive on me instantly if I'm in a slack/lazy mood. In single player, therefore, I believe this option would be nice to have.

Or... a cheat in single player skirmish that stops the enemy from building units. I guess I could do this already by pausing game, enter cheat mode, then delete their factories and engineers, build up my city, then go back and give the enemy what they need to start building.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

Reg312 wrote:I agree with this idea
I made example of working peace time in my map-mod viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8346
when enemy trying to attack while peace time his units get destroyed
I hope developers can realize code like mine, it did not get much time
the way you did it does not work very well since the AI has no idea what is going on.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

medusa wrote: the way you did it does not work very well since the AI has no idea what is going on.
that's true :)
i made this for multiplayer
anyway AI can not prepare a large army
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

I really like to turtle in SP as well. It´s great to have a secured base, watching the AI getting smashed by trying to kill you.
I love the idea of having a no-rush option for SP.

In addition to that it would be great to be able to select another winning-condition. "Survival-Mode"
You have a no-rush option of X minutes. After this time is over you have to defend your base for Y minutes while a customizable AI (like Nexus or Semperfi, difficulty, colour) or more (being allied) have to kill you.
Then there is a countdown (Y minutes). If the countdown (customizable countdown of course^^) gets to 0 and your base still exists you win.

I love that idea :3 8)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Then there is a countdown (Y minutes). If the countdown (customizable countdown of course^^) gets to 0 and your base still exists you win.
1. Possible through map-mods.
2. Why bother setting a timer when you can just play to improve your result by surviving longer and longer? Why remove this sort of challenge?
3. Skirmish challenges like "No place to hide" are certainly not for winning, but rather for surviving as long as you can. And they keep records of how long you survived. Making challenges out of existing maps is easy.