Traps and Waterfalls

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Traps and Waterfalls

Post by Claydoe »

LOL! I cant stop! Ideas keep popping up in my head...! :lol2:

OK on with business...
Traps, the only thing I can think of it the tank traps, but couldn't there be more?
What about MINES! Think, the enemy in closing in on your oil derrick, but then.....

BOOM! :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

WHAT THE HELL!!! :augh: --- One of then enemy tanks get blown to bits by a hidden mine.

Now Waterfalls---
Is there anyway to make a waterfall object for maps or at least a terrain tile that looks like flowing water.... :hmm:

That is all.... :)
Design - Deploy - Destroy
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: Traps and Waterfalls

Post by JDW »

Claydoe wrote:OK on with business...
Traps, the only thing I can think of it the tank traps, but couldn't there be more?
What about MINES! Think, the enemy in closing in on your oil derrick, but then.....

BOOM!

WHAT THE HELL!!! --- One of then enemy tanks get blown to bits by a hidden mine.
I think it's a nice idea, has been discussed before, type "mines" in search box.
Claydoe wrote:Now Waterfalls---
Is there anyway to make a waterfall object for maps or at least a terrain tile that looks like flowing water....
I love ideas that would bring more realism to the appearance of WZ2100, and this is a good one for sure.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

I like the mine idea. A lot.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Verin wrote:I like the mine idea. A lot.
I agree. But what do you think would be a good way to counter-attack mines? :hmm:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

Sensors. Easy fix.

The hassel for the anti mine player would be having to design and micromanage the sensor tanks while doing everything else. The mines can be disabled by any tank weapon, but only when detected by a sensor.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:
Verin wrote:I like the mine idea. A lot.
I agree. But what do you think would be a good way to counter-attack mines? :hmm:

exactly the way they did it before the source was released wuth 1.2.X when they added mines... they had a cyborg mine sweeper and a cyborg mine layer. :lecture: :lecture:
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

lav_coyote25 wrote:exactly the way they did it before the source was released wuth 1.2.X when they added mines... they had a cyborg mine sweeper and a cyborg mine layer. :lecture: :lecture:
They had them before? :shock:

Guess i should have looked it up before.... :P

The idea of the waterfall was when i was thinking of making a level, but the level would make more sense if they were in it... :hmm:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

lav_coyote25 wrote:exactly the way they did it before the source was released wuth 1.2.X when they added mines... they had a cyborg mine sweeper and a cyborg mine layer. :lecture: :lecture:
Interesting. I'm curious to know why they aren't in 2.3.x or trunk.
-- Ambrose Bierce
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:

my mind is failing me... i cannot remember... something about them being unbalancing or some such thing... as i said , cant remember ... :annoyed:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

lav_coyote25 wrote:my mind is failing me... i cannot remember... something about them being unbalancing or some such thing... as i said , cant remember ... :annoyed:
It's alright old timer :)
-- Ambrose Bierce
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:[­quote="lav_coyote25"]exactly the way they did it before the source was released wuth 1.2.X when they added mines... they had a cyborg mine sweeper and a cyborg mine layer. :lecture: :lecture:[­/quote]

my mind is failing me... i cannot remember... something about them being unbalancing or some such thing... as i said , cant remember ... :annoyed:
If I'm correct mines were removed because you could easily have one of your untis drive over them and set them off. Bad balance might've also been a reason. Play NTW mod if you still want them, I think they're still in it.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Mysteryem wrote:If I'm correct mines were removed because you could easily have one of your untis drive over them and set them off. Bad balance might've also been a reason. Play NTW mod if you still want them, I think they're still in it.
Oh, that's cool.
-- Ambrose Bierce
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

Ah! Cool and Thank you! Ill have to check that out...

Now that only leaves the waterfall.... :hmm:
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

its stupid that there is senzor to detect mines,that should be mid tech, there should be first a vehicle that detonates mines,it searchs for mines,she touch the mine,its hard to explain...the front thing,like many strong thick paper that is long and when mine detects the touch and activates.

My english is not my mothertounge so sorry if u dint understand!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:its stupid that there is senzor to detect mines,that should be mid tech, there should be first a vehicle that detonates mines,it searchs for mines,she touch the mine,its hard to explain...the front thing,like many strong thick paper that is long and when mine detects the touch and activates.

My english is not my mothertounge so sorry if u dint understand!
Hi, MW95,

you promised me a map, remember? where is it? :)
-- Ambrose Bierce