Credit After Quitting...

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Logiwan-Kenobiquiet
Greenhorn

Credit After Quitting...

Post by Logiwan-Kenobiquiet »

Hello there again, this is my second suggestion.
Here is what happened: My cousin and I had wiped out two enemies set on the hardest setting. We had hundreds of points and kills. But, we had been playing for 2 hours and 53 minutes, so we were kinda tired of that level. We decided to quit and hoped that it would still give us credit for all our hard work. When we quit, it didn't give us anything. This has happened several times. So, my suggestion is that when you quit a match, it doesn't give it to you as a win or loss, but gives you credit for the kills and points you earned in the match up to that point. Thanks,
~Kenobi-Quiet
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Credit After Quitting...

Post by stiv »

This is War. There is no quitting - only winning and losing.
Logiwan-Kenobiquiet
Greenhorn

That doesn't really answer my request. If there are time restrictions, or you have to go, you should be able to keep the kills you got during the game! Ya, we would have won, after about an hour or more worth of playing, but we didn't have an hour left.
~Kenobi-Quiet
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Logiwan-Kenobiquiet wrote:That doesn't really answer my request.
It doesn't, but he still made a good point :)

Anyway, do you think that an option for Multi-Player game saving could help solve your problem? If it does, then it's on the Accepted ideas list of the FPI thread.
Accepted Ideas
These are ideas that have been accepted as desirable, but nobody has started working on it yet. If you want to have a go at it, feel free!

* Designing structures the same way units are designed
* Choosing from AIs and mods on the game start screen
* Pausing, saving and loading multiplayer games.
* Send mods the same way maps are sent
* Better sensor/ECM system
You would then be able to finish a saved game anytime you choose, and then be congratulated on your victory! Yay! :wink:

The idea is still just an accepted idea, and there's no schedule as to when it may ever see the light of day. But I would never give up hope on any of those ideas if I were you. Probably some skilled contributor would try to get around to implementing that feature into the game one of these days.

I hope that this news satisfies you to some extent. But I know that I didn't answer your question. :)
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Logiwan-Kenobiquiet
Greenhorn

LOL! Ya that would solve the problem! Thanks for the info, hope that gets added soon!
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

2:53 and tired?? :D I played some 10 to 14 hour matches 1v1 2 years ago!! :D

...but yeah, just win or loose! No quitting!
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

I don't like the idea behind this, since it would be way too easy to skew the scores (not that those mean anything currently). If you ran out of time... well, that is the way it goes sometimes.

As for saving MP games ... sure, sometime before Jan 1st, 2100. :wink:
and it ends here.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Buginator wrote:As for saving MP games ... sure, sometime before Jan 1st, 2100. :wink:
Wow! Just 32700.9546 days to go! Yay! :wink:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Michal
Trained
Trained

Post by Michal »

Powzone wrote:2:53 and tired?? :D I played some 10 to 14 hour matches 1v1 2 years ago!! :D

...but yeah, just win or loose! No quitting!
Wow, was that on highpower, on 'stock' map?