Sensor Hard Points

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Re: Sensor Hard Points

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Well then RIP...
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

Post by XHero_of_ChaosX »

Indeed.. Is there any possibility of attaching additional sensors to the HQ building?

that would help a bit with not having to build so many towers around the base.
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

XHero_of_ChaosX wrote:Indeed.. Is there any possibility of attaching additional sensors to the HQ building?

that would help a bit with not having to build so many towers around the base.
You mean multiple sensors on HQ?
Not possible, rules are clear: 1 system turret or max 4 weapons on a single structure.
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

darn, it would be nice though. having all of your sensors in one. :D

it wouldnt happen to work with a module system would it? just like the factories, you know?
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

XHero_of_ChaosX wrote:darn, it would be nice though. having all of your sensors in one. :D

it wouldnt happen to work with a module system would it? just like the factories, you know?
I don't think so.

Hmm...
Maybe HQ could have a specialy designed WSS?
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

HQ should have bigger senzor or be repladed with better senzor type,25 to 50% better range of sight,but that would probavly screw first mission of W2100,maybe as only multiplayer mod...
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

That would be great. :) how hard exactly is it to make new structures btw?
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Well i dont know...I never maked W2100 and i dont know to use any 3D modeling software plus i dont know make properly textures for w2100 and iam confused a bit in gimp. I use rarely Google Sketchup. Tryed to find addon for modeling tools so that i can convert from google sketchup format to 3d format. Also too bad that we cant edit,replace or add sounds :-/

It would nice if Edios gives us sound tools for older W2100 and that we modifie for this version...
Devs should ask EDIOS Interactive to find and give old tools to our devs. Iam only good at translating from english to my language...
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

Yeah.. It would be nice to get a hold on those old tools from Edios. There could be a much larger range for customization and greater ideas to be implemented.
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Well il hope that our wz2100 dev team tries to ask edios about that old tools,they should have somewhere in archives!
I wonder now where it could be,il probavly need to travel just to steal it...
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

lol. XD

the only thing im a bit worried about with asking Edios about getting more tools, is the fact that they are really busy working on new projects. im not sure that they would be willing to do so. but hell, its worth a shot. :)
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Don't get your hopes up for getting anything from them, the last response took five years. We have everything they were willing to give us.
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

cybersphinx wrote:Don't get your hopes up for getting anything from them, the last response took five years. We have everything they were willing to give us.
thats what i was afraid of. :|

lol, oh well. guess we'll just have to make do for now until a miracle hits i suppose. lol

though, i am really amazed at the work that has been done to this game. very impressive. :)

hmmm.. :hmm: what other things could we do with sensors?
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

If you want HQ to have more range then a sensor tower and dont want to screw first mission you have to simply add HQ upgrade after first mission when it safe.^_^
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Tenoh wrote:If you want HQ to have more range then a sensor tower and dont want to screw first mission you have to simply add HQ upgrade after first mission when it safe.^_^
I'll make a mod to test it.
And I don't think it would mess with campaign because cliffs would block LOS.
But, as I said, I'll test it...