Mobile VTOL Pads

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
GPolice
Trained
Trained

Mobile VTOL Pads

Post by GPolice »

How about a New System: VTOL Mobile Pad.

It would by a Nice Addition and you can use it for many Situation:
-When you have a Big Map and you wan`t wait long for Reloading your VTOLs...you can send then Mobile Pads with your Tanks that the VTOLs can Reload Fast or
-When you destroy a Base and stand in Front of the Dorrs and you need fast VTOL Help and you VTOLs must Reload...the Pads can stand behind the Tanks an can Reload.

I know the Problem with Wayponits...the VTOL when he is Attacking and the Unit is moving he must first fly to the Point where the Tanks is not there ...

But when you Send the VTOLs reparing you can make that the VTOL Pad Unit stand and Wait for the VTOL.
When the VTOLs is Flying the VTOLs is Moving then to the Target...
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Re: Mobile VTOL Pads

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Not bad idea but VTOL mobile pad should be slow but with one 50.cal machine gun or just ordinary machine gun so that it can defend it self. Because it would be stupid that it cant have personal defense. It would defend VTOLs that he defends when he reloads a VTOL. Also that kind of VTOLMP should be second stage with ordinary machine gun and third stage with 50.cal machinegun.
Good idea,but it should be then very expensive.Maybe a 1000 resources because its an mobile huge pad for VTOLS.
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
GPolice
Trained
Trained

Post by GPolice »

and Heavy!!
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

That would be probavly a bit weaker then medium VTOLMP but it would had special machine guns that would shot on air and land enemy forces.
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

oddly enough i had this idea last night ^_^ i was thinking of "UTILITY" bodies for some reason and one was a mobile VTOL pad i got a few (poor) sketches i did of my ideas if you'd like?
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

too bad, here it is!

http://imagebin.ca/view/JU9QD6GI.html

The circles with the line is where the turret should go, the bars along the side with the diagonal lines are where the propulsion should go ^_^

Based it on the Python body ^_^
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Interesting code referenced discussion on this in 2007:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=771&p=10913&hilit= ... ads#p10913

- RV 8)
GPolice
Trained
Trained

Post by GPolice »

Hmm...seems many like my Idea... in the German Warzone Community there was the Oppostiote..... ;)
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

Post by XHero_of_ChaosX »

Hover propulsion would be perfect for this vehicle. It could go just about anywhere. :)

As for defending itself, i personally believe it should fire a mini pod launcher in second stage, then in third stage fire an assault cannon. add 500 more power to the 1000. that should do it. :)
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

XHero_of_ChaosX wrote:As for defending itself, i personally believe it should fire a mini pod launcher in second stage, then in third stage fire an assault cannon. add 500 more power to the 1000. that should do it. :)
In my opinion, any utility vehicle should always be defenseless. To protect these units, tanks or cyborgs can be ordered to guard them.

Giving utility vehicles defense capabilities will reduce gameplay quality, making it less challenging.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

or make them high tier ;) and expensive, besides, you wouldn't exactly build them to be front line tanks with a VTOL on it, as cool as that would be
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Point taken, That would be cool, :)

But giving everyone a weapon or defense capability would make the game boring. There is a reason why Cyborg mechanics/engineers are defenseless, it keeps the player involved in the game rather than just a spectator. Let's see what other's would like to say on the forum :wink:

However I like the idea of Mobile VTOL Pad having super strong armor :)
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

Post by XHero_of_ChaosX »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:
XHero_of_ChaosX wrote:As for defending itself, i personally believe it should fire a mini pod launcher in second stage, then in third stage fire an assault cannon. add 500 more power to the 1000. that should do it. :)
In my opinion, any utility vehicle should always be defenseless. To protect these units, tanks or cyborgs can be ordered to guard them.

Giving utility vehicles defense capabilities will reduce gameplay quality, making it less challenging.
i can see that. it could always be compromised with extreme slow speed, and still have the weapons. so its almost like a moving mini airbase in a way. :hmm:
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

XHero_of_ChaosX wrote: i can see that. it could always be compromised with extreme slow speed, and still have the weapons. so its almost like a moving mini airbase in a way. :hmm:

Ok, so basically , it should have the following,
i) VTOL pad capability
ii) Mounted weapons
iii) Mobility like any Tank units
iv) Health

Although complicated, it is possible. I wonder what Zarel would say about this :wink:
Last edited by JDW on 06 Jun 2010, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
-- Ambrose Bierce
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

~waits impatiently~