Flight capabilities for Cyborgs

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Flight capabilities for Cyborgs

Post by JDW »

The title says it all , but this video could help make the feature request more clearer. I'm not having high hopes of this getting implemented, but the technology is so cool. And real! :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvRTALJp ... r_embedded
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
warzonelego
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Flight capabilities for Cyborgs

Post by warzonelego »

i like it it looks cool :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

flying cyborgs have been tried before... it will take some serious coding if the devs are going to consider the idea again,many posts have already been made about this too.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

This feature, AFAIK, is already implemented in the Warzone and it's called "Jump-Cyborg": a type of cyborg whichs jumps. In movement, it can only be engaged by anti-aircraft artillery.

The Ultimate Warfare Mod (a mod made by me) features Jump Cyborgs.

BP
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

whoops forgot about your stuff ^_^ sorry BP
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

Post by XHero_of_ChaosX »

Cyborgs with jet packs would be nice to see. :)
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

did you end up fixing the issues they had with landing etc?
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

another good one in my opinion is hover boots. it would allow borgs to hover across water.
What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible. ~Cão Cão
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Hover boots idea sounds good (something like Iron Man :) ), anyways how about have upgrades in the order,

Jump-Cyborg --- (upgrade) ---> Hover Boots --- (upgrade) ---> Jet Packs
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

yeah, thats kinda the idea, lol. :) i like the upgrade tree you have there. though, i dont know what the jump would do. i suppose small chasms of sorts could be jumped over. hmm, i dont know.

i suppose this would work: Speed Joints(Faster running) > Hover Boots > Jetpacks

The Speed Joints could be something like the adrenaline upgrade in Halo Wars, makes the infantry run a bit faster. Hover boots and Jet packs everyone should understand right off the bat.

though, to justify this you would have to research some things before each upgrade. say like:

for Speed Joints > research Leg Mechanics MK1-MK3
for Hover Boots > research Booster Mechanics MK1-MK3
for Jet Packs > research Jet Mechanics MK1-MK3

Also, say you completed the Speed Joints and you want the Hover Boots. Somewhere along the tech tree you have to research other things before the Hover Boots is available to research. EX: Research Cyborg Dense Alloys MK1-MK3
Then, you will notice after researching those three upgrades for the borg armor, you will have unlocked research for Hover Boots.. You see the pattern?

I strongly believe this would be a great addition to the borgs, and make them even more useful than they are already. Opinions?
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

I think that it should be a bit harder to get kiborgs with jump,hover & jet pack upgrades!
Kiborgs should be maked in custom way. Kiborg factory with modules and modules should look like some box on the wall.
On the left wall Module 1, on the right wall module 2.
I just typed fast but it would be a good idea and that there is someone to make it...cant figerout Blender,got latest version but iam trying to find good,easy tutorial but nothing,iam dumb or just dont have luck :-/ ?
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:cant figerout Blender,got latest version but iam trying to find good,easy tutorial but nothing,iam dumb or just dont have luck :-/ ?
I share that :)

I'll make a simple mod to see will water cyborgs work...
XHero_of_ChaosX
Trained
Trained

That sounds really good. Please take my idea into consideration as well. maybe you can come up with something in the mod. :)
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

Excellent job on the water borgs and the upgraded HQ, i REALLY like how it looks, much better like that ^_^