Bring back indirect-homing trajectory system?

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Bring back indirect-homing trajectory system?

Post by Black Project »

The Ripple Rocket is a rocket artillery that fires unguided indirect fire projectiles

The Seraph and Archangel are missile artillery weapons, like the Scourge, but unlike the Scourge (which projectiles are homing) they shoot like the Ripple Rockets: unguided missiles, like a rocket. That doesn't make sense have a Missile Artillery that fire like a Rocket Artillery

I hearded in a lost topic (i'm lazy to search) that retail Warzone supported the Indirect-Homing trajectory, but was skipped in GPL version.

Would we need to bring back this trajectory system, so missile artillery make sense if compared with rocket artillery (take vantage in accuracy), or it does will break something (savegame compatibility) or mess with balancing?

Regards BP
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Bring back indirect-homing trajectory system?

Post by Zarel »

Black Project wrote:I hearded in a lost topic (i'm lazy to search) that retail Warzone supported the Indirect-Homing trajectory, but was skipped in GPL version.
Other way around. Retail Warzone never had indirect-homing, but GPL version is already planning on adding it. :P

This is what you get for being too lazy to search. :P
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Zarel wrote:Other way around. Retail Warzone never had indirect-homing, but GPL version is already planning on adding it. :P
Maybe it can be implemented in 3.0.x series (or Trunk) :3
Zarel wrote:This is what you get for being too lazy to search. :P
It's time to BP isolate the NEXUS Laziness Program :lol2: :lol2: XD XD

JK :wink:

BP
icefire
Trained
Trained

Post by icefire »

Homing rockets make sense in real life, but seeing as the ripples were made to be counter battery, NOT anti-tank, homing would be a sketchy balance issue...