Some ideas about upgrading

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: Over Write existing Defenses

Post by Olrox »

DraLUSAD wrote:maybe, the more people think of the idea, the more chance it might be but into an affect, who knows, it may already be in programming as we speak "Or not"
Repeated posts can be boring, especially for Admins who already read large numbers of them. Again, it isn't a crime, but isn't a good deed either. It won't make more people think about that than posting on a more complete thread about it, IMO.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Some ideas about upgrading

Post by Zarel »

Alternatively, we just merge the things. ;)
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Re: Over Write existing Defenses

Post by ClockWork »

Olrox wrote: Heh, I'm struggling to laugh at people who say simply "no" to other's suggestions.
Perhaps an ophthalmologist could solve your problem with not seeing the practicity of the suggested idea.
I can edit an put large fonts if you can't see anything else in this thread, ClockWork ;)
Oh don’t mind my ramblings, I was just responding to the "who-will-make-nicest-base" competition…” thing.
I was imaging the power generator, becoming a big flower pot with a single plant in it, and the structure would be called the “power plant.” the commander would be called the “kitty kommander” because the thing looks like it has cat ears. And the VTOL’s would have butterfly wings…so yeah, that’s why I posted the frilling thing, lol.

I like the idea of replaceing towers, as I had already said I didn’t mind replacing mortars with pepperpots. Should have made my self more clear :stressed:
Rider
Trained
Trained

Post by Rider »

I like it also!

I don't think that mis-clicking is something to worry about. You'd have a similar problem if you accidentally remove said structure first anyway. How would it work interface wise though? Would you have to place a new structure over it? Would you just click it like you would a factory? Will there be a new construction item (like the demolish structure one) specifically for upgrading?
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

I’d reckon just building over an old structure would be more convenient. It would be nice to click a hard point like you would a factory, but with so many different defensive structures in the game, there would be no way to get exactly what you want all the time without going to the build menu, and placing what you want directly.