New VTOL system

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
mynameismethos
Trained
Trained

New VTOL system

Post by mynameismethos »

what if they could add a new anti vtol system something like a tomahawk missle .if the AI or someone else is sending like 20 to 30 vtols to attack your base . like this pic but smaller Image combined with this.Image and it only attacks vtol and not a nuke. i making this suggestion because i hate when your aa flaks can handle this types of situations and to kill that number of vtols with a single shot.and not to be confused with an mobile sam just place it as a bunker type weapon. ;)
Sending Jebediah Kerman to his death since November 2012
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Re: new vtol system

Post by Assault Gunner »

We already have that. It's called the Vindicator or Avenger SAM. Unless you are talking about some sort of long-range AA weapon, which would be extremely unbalanced.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
mynameismethos
Trained
Trained

Post by mynameismethos »

yes iam talking of a long range aa weapon
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

How long-range?
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
mynameismethos
Trained
Trained

Post by mynameismethos »

long enough to kill in flight units before they approach to your base close enough.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

mynameismethos wrote:long enough to kill in flight units before they approach to your base close enough.
SAMs have range like that.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Yep. Just need to upgrade them enough, so that they do sufficient damage. Or mass-build them. Or, alternatively, you can build AA clusters in strategic locations so that the enemy VTOLs get blown up out of sight of your base.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

look, if you hate vtols, then turn off the limits, if ur sams wont reach far enough, then build close to the enemy take-off site
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Re: New VTOL system

Post by Roux Le Corps »

hmm.... might work as a suicide VTOL alternative though? slamming into units but really shining when slamming into a building?
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Tomahawk missiles aren't anti-aircraft...

Just saying.
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

~nods~ i can respect that ^_^