confirm savegame overwrite

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
mcbask
Rookie
Rookie

confirm savegame overwrite

Post by mcbask »

when we try to overwrite an existing savegame, we should be notified to confirm it, should we?
it might be useful..
dannystrube

Re: confirm savegame overwrite

Post by dannystrube »

usually after you saved it and you return to the main game window it says in yello on the left top corner: Game saved to (your savednamehere).game (idk about the extension, but its something like that), do you have that??
mcbask
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcbask »

i mean if we try to save in an existing savegame slot, we should be notified;
i.e a dialog box with "are you sure, you want to overwrite etc.." and a "yes" and a "no" choice.
just in case we overwrite over something we want to keep..
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

mcbask wrote:i mean if we try to save in an existing savegame slot, we should be notified;
i.e a dialog box with "are you sure, you want to overwrite etc.." and a "yes" and a "no" choice.
just in case we overwrite over something we want to keep..
It may be annoying. I think you must know what you're doing when select a slot to save.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Maybe a mod? That way only the people who wanted it would be able to use it.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Mods can't change that sort of savegame functionality. I suppose it could be an option, but it's really unnecessary.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Personally, I would like it. It would keep me from accidentally overwriting my advanced campaign savegames.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

How do you do that accidentally? You have to click on the wrong savegame, and think "Oh, I clicked on a savegame I didn't want to get rid of. Oh, well, I'll just get rid of it anyway" and then continue typing and pressing enter. Who would do that?
mcbask
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcbask »

Yeah, yeah..
after we click on a slot we are able to change the savegame name (or cancel it).
we shouldn't accidentally overwrite a savegame we want to keep.
i agree it might be annoying for some people..
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

I tend to save when I start getting really sleepy or tired. And I don't think clearly when i am sleepy/tired.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Assault Gunner wrote:I tend to save when I start getting really sleepy or tired. And I don't think clearly when i am sleepy/tired.
Don't play when you are
sleepy or tired
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

I finish when I am sleepy/tired. I don't start when sleepy/tired.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Assault Gunner wrote:I finish when I am sleepy/tired. I don't start when sleepy/tired.
In that case, start earlier. Or drink something.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:Or drink something.
Hardly the best advice you've given. ;)
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

I usually only can start around 6, 7 PM thanks to my little brother, whose computer is the only operational one I can play WZ on.