Fog oh War

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Frox
Rookie
Rookie

Fog oh War

Post by Frox »

Right now I would say my biggest annoyance in this game is the fog of war style. after and area is explored it need a gray translucent fog. I'm usually pretty aggressive and like to scout alot for good targets. But I can never remember where I looked alot of the time especially on big maps. And even more annoying is I don't know the sight range of sensor turrets. Sometimes I think I got a good view of an area and next thing I know 20 guys just snuck by there with no warning. So distance fog would imo be a simple but good improvement.

And then if possible something that indicates the attack range and sight range of things like mortars and sensors. (Like the rings in supreme commander, red is attack blue is radar coverage) yeh that lack of fog really gets to me ><
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Fog oh War

Post by Zarel »

It just so happens that Per is working on exactly that.

http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/1289
Frox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frox »

wheres the line to congratulate the developers?
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 31 Dec 2009, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: this is a forum that does not tolerate language that is not appropriate. we have children visiting here. please keep it clean.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Oh, come on, Lav, now I'm curious about what the original word was.
Frox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frox »

hahaha no dice eh ^_^; all well better off that way I guess, I was just joshin =p
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I just committed it to trunk. Once it gets some testing there, I intend to backport it for release in 2.3.

Let me know if you have any feedback on behaviour and visuals.

Screenshot:
wz2100_shot_001.png