Save Game in Multiplayer

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
sirscottyII
New user

Save Game in Multiplayer

Post by sirscottyII »

Gentlemen, your work is amazing and I am so grateful that you revived this game. Just wondering if it might be possible to implement an ability to save the game in multiplayer mode - especially for LAN games as a game can take a day..............to finish. Also in some maps the AI get's stuck and its units pile up and go no-where. - Will post which maps as I go through them!

In Much gratitude for your work and time,
Scott

Moved from Gen Dev to Ideas/Suggestions. -Zarel
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Save Game in Multiplayer

Post by Zarel »

Unless you are volunteering to code this feature yourself, this belongs in Ideas and Suggestions.

As a suggestion, this is an FPI: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3645
Straider
Greenhorn

Post by Straider »

Using Artmoney to save the proccess, it's possible to save and load any moment in games like Diablo and the rest.
If we can pause Warzone multiplayer and save the process simultaneously on all computers playing it or save it on host computer and later let the others download save file. Then just by loading this file we can continue saved game.
I am no good with coding but is it really impossible to implement?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

It's quite possible. It's just that none of us want to do it. :P

It's not that hard, either; most of the framework, like the savegame system, and the MP file transfer system, is already there.
Straider
Greenhorn

Post by Straider »

I see. But for people without tons of free time, it's one of the most desired features. I know many people who want to play, but dont, seens we dont have this one feature.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Zarel wrote:It's quite possible. It's just that none of us want to do it. :P
I want to do it. It is just far down my priority list.