Multiplayer pause / save

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
ellocogato
New user

Multiplayer pause / save

Post by ellocogato »

I'll often choose another game over WZ2100 to play with a group of friends for one reason only: there is no way to save, or even pause, a multiplayer game.

I want this feature enough that I'll offer a bounty for it. $20 for multiplayer pause, $50 for multiplayer save/load. (There's a way to donate to the project, right?)
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Re: Multiplayer pause / save

Post by winsrp »

hmm.... money talks... lol... lets see who want some profit out of extra work... lol..

People should do the same for the ECM feature... that would be another great addition.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

ellocogato wrote:I'll often choose another game over WZ2100 to play with a group of friends for one reason only: there is no way to save, or even pause, a multiplayer game.

I want this feature enough that I'll offer a bounty for it. $20 for multiplayer pause, $50 for multiplayer save/load. (There's a way to donate to the project, right?)
Hmm..pause can be done fairly easily. But how would you control who gets to pause / unpause?
mp save/load ... *cough* :stressed:

And no, there is no way to dontate to the project $$$ wise. :|
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

You can give money to individual developers, of course.

For pause/unpause, the easy way is "host can pause/unpause". The "best" way is to enforce a max of 3 pauses per player, with an override system if other players don't want to pause, and maybe voting, etc, and facilities for having more pauses, etc.
zeland
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zeland »

Yes :3 . A player count/% pause rule set at the host. i.e. A host sets a Pause rule of 3. When a player hits the pause key, the host is sent a pause signal indicating the players intent. All other plays will get a message and or a flashing screen border. When a third player hits the pause key, this will trigger the pause rule set on the host. The host will then send out a game pause signal to all clients and pauses the game. If the rule is not triggered within a 30 seconds or 1 minute time frame of its invocation, the rule count is reset.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

I would leave it as only the host can pause/unpause... period. less confusion, thats what the chat is for asking for pause...

Another one would be voting, just like the alliance request. You say i vote for pause, and if all the other agree then its game paused, same with un-pause... i vote for un-pause, then if all agree game on!!!

But of course the best of all would be saving/loading, the save process does not seems that difficult, all players get the same save game in their pcs, with a different flag on who is player. But the hard part would be loading.... you would need like a host screen where the same host of the original game hosts the save game, and insted of picking a Map, he would pick a save game, so all settings are pre-set, and cannot be changed, and I imagine something like the name of the original players flagged in gray until they join the game, when all original player finish joining, they all ready check, and game starts where it left.

Just how I would imagine it, in order to recycle most of game screens and processes.

-Wins