Merge vehicle and cyborg armor research

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
rkhayrov
Greenhorn

Merge vehicle and cyborg armor research

Post by rkhayrov »

Warzone has already got rid of separate manufacturing research lines (vehicles, cyborgs, VTOLs), and I think the resulting system is much more convenient. Why don't we go further and make composite alloys and thermal armor upgrades work for both vehicles and cyborgs? Everything else is shared: manufacturing process, weaponry, sensors, repair.
Maybe add a few upgrades reflecting cyborgs' semi-organic nature (smth. like “High Tension Organosilicon Tissue” :-), but don't put the burden of dozen of separate cyborg-only upgrades on the player.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Merge vehicle and cyborg armor research

Post by KukY »

Great idea.
But then making those reasearches cost more then normal ones together.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I like having to prioritize one or the other.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Per wrote:I like having to prioritize one or the other.
This.
BulletMagnet
Trained
Trained

Post by BulletMagnet »

i can understand the reasoning behind this, but then you would probably extend it to building armour too and merge them all into one single research line.

keep it as is, please.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

I like prioritizing too. Keep it as it is. It adds another element of strategy to research.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.