Warp Engine

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
zeland
Rookie
Rookie

Warp Engine

Post by zeland »

While I was walking around town, I passed a video store that was showing some Power Ranger/Masked Rider type show. What caught my eye was the villain/monster didn't walk but rather warped/phased around a few feet from where it originally was.

This got me thinking about having a warp engine that doesn't move in the traditional sense but warps along its path in say, 3 square increments or 1 height level up/down. This would allow you to warp through defensive structures/walls/cliffs etc. Good for sneak attacks.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Re: Warp Engine

Post by Avestron »

Warzone 2500? ^_~

The thing is that a warp engine would result in warp missiles that by-pass armour. Its not impossible to balance but it may be best left for a futuristic variant compared even to the Warzone we know.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Eh...I don't care much for the idea, honestly. Seems...gimmicky for lack of a better term.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Maybe once Per's "extra vehicle systems" idea gets implemented, we could add this. Until then, it doesn't really fit in with Warzone...