the lobby

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
twister
New user

the lobby

Post by twister »

Hey.
In view of the fact that the lobby doesn't actually show people waiting to play, or allow any means of communication, i was just wondering if people would consider using the warzone multiplayer lobby on gamespy arcade. This would give players the opportunity to in real time and also give some impression of the number of players trying to get a game. It would also give each of us a chance to iron out any immediate problems arising from the otherwise communication situation. Hope people read this.
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Re: the lobby

Post by -Kosh- »

Will not work.
That is only supported by windows peeps.

What is wrong with getting on their IRC channels #warzone2100 or #warzone2100-games and see who wants to play?
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: the lobby

Post by lav_coyote25 »

actually gamespy arcade only used the original game... supposedly they were approached and turned down the offer to use the new releases. and it was windows only crowd due to the game was only available to win pc's. and there was a problem with gsa - their system wouldnt accept anyone being behind a firewall. if it was you couldnt host a game. there was some other things wrong as well, but i cant remember em... note: i was only able to get an online game there twice... all other times it would crash. xD