Factories modules

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Factories modules

Post by winsrp »

So how come when you make the factory module you can do #2, and #3 right into the factory? and how come you can build #2 and #3 on the vtol factory without any research at all?

Suggestion

#1 Make the factory module enable only the level 2, and have the second research for the factories enable #3.
#2 Make 2 researches for the vtol module upgrades.

Comments please.
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Re: Factories modules

Post by -Kosh- »

This a T3 game?
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

on T2 and on... I think you already have the Modules available.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Factory Module, once researched, lets you upgrade any factory as many times as you want. I see no reason to change this.
BulletMagnet
Trained
Trained

Post by BulletMagnet »

Zarel wrote:Factory Module, once researched, lets you upgrade any factory as many times as you want. I see no reason to change this.
this.

lets not add extra, frivolous, research items to bog players down with.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

The factory modules expand the factory, improving production capabilities. It doesn't add any production technology, no "blueprints" for new bodies or anything, so you must research every body you want to produce, and factory module expands the factory allowing you to build larger vehicles.

In my opinion, it would make sense if the cyborg factory required a module to produce super cyborgs, as they're larger than the normal ones. Don't think it'll be much of an impact on gameplay, it would just be another boring thing to do :cool:
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

I think the same here...

I would like to see a second factory module upgrade to have the #3 section available in order to give you possibility to make heavy bodies

And cyborg upgrade to make super cyborgs would be cool too. As for the vtol, it can use the same upgrades as the factory, even when i would prefer having it as a separate one.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

But the concept of a module is that you add something as many times you like, depending on the nuber of "slots". When we had those hydra units, heavy bodies had 2 weapon slots, and the weapons are modular (as they fit any body of any size, just depending on propulsion). You didn't need a specific upgrade to allow you to put another gun, it was just ready because the engine output and size of the heavy bodies allowed them to carry an additional turret.

Factories, as I told, are only resized to a larger state when you add a module. When you add another module, you've got the same increment on size. However, to increase production capabilities, you've got to research about the factory. If you've got a factory with 3 modules, it'll be quicker to produce a medium body than a factory with 2 modules only because you've got a larger number of machines and space - much like when you've got additional screens on a computer, and you are making models. You can add detail views and texture pages and that sort of thing on the additional screens, while keeping the original CAD occupying the main screen, with no window to bother you. That won't make rendering faster or allow you to produce better models - It'll just make your work faster (considering you've got a decent GPU that won't slow down just because of additional windows opened at the same time :P )

That's only my point of view, however ;)
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

Thats another thing I've been thinking also, and I think that the timing of the second module and third module should be different...

Now you have...

Factory
Factory Module (combo 2 +3)
Factory speed upgrades....

I would like to have

Factory
Factory Speed upgrades... Mk1
Factory Module #2
Factory Speed upgrades.. Mk2
Factory Module #3
Factory Speed upgrades.. MK3

Would make a lot more sense to the actual production schema of bigger/faster production factories. (Same with cyborgs.)
Mabsterone
Trained
Trained

Post by Mabsterone »

Besides the fact, that the factories are good as they are right now, it might make sense to increase their hitpoints with every upgrade ?
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Mabsterone wrote:Besides the fact, that the factories are good as they are right now, it might make sense to increase their hitpoints with every upgrade ?
Definetely - but not by multiplying the base hitpoints by the number of modules installed. I think they could be added a certain number of hitpoints/module. :rolleyes:

But wait...

It's already like that! O_O

hehehehehe :P

Okay, everyone makes mistakes.

But Cyborg Factories still should need modules to produce super heavy cyborgs and produce normal cyborgs slightly faster. :ninja:
ninjatoast
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ninjatoast »

Olrox wrote: But Cyborg Factories still should need modules to produce super heavy cyborgs and produce normal cyborgs slightly faster. :ninja:
I agree :ninja:
I'm going to be trying out mapping and modeling soon.