Enable vehicle transport on multiplay/skirmish

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Enable vehicle transport on multiplay/skirmish

Post by winsrp »

Yes... I would like to be able to make the Vehicle transport, I know... its huge... yes.. can we have a smaller version that looks exactly the same but with 50% size and 50% space too? Its great to be able to move little guys around on air transport, why cant we do the same with vehicles??
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Enable vehicle transport on multiplay/skirmish

Post by KukY »

It would throw off game balance.
And make cyborgs almost useless.
And where would you produce those huge transports?
It would be unrealistic if they were made smaller.
I think that they are too small.
Also see viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3716
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Mixed feelings on this.

I would have said it'd be awkwardly huge.

But resizing...meh. Maybe? If it holds half the units?

But of course there's making cyborgs more useless than the already are, and even with my suggestions it'd hit them hard.

So I really don't know. =/
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

13KukYNexus666 wrote: It would be unrealistic if they were made smaller.
To be fair the cyborg transport is already unrealistically small to fit even 10 normal cyborgs.

Don't get me started on super cyborgs...
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

have you tried a team of 100 flashlight cyborgs.. they are unstoppable... huge range, nice damage, fast RoF, quite cheap and fast to produce, at the time they are available... they can blow almost every tank in their time of appearance if you make researches rights, a total game winner here... I was trying to give some tanks a little edge here... not to mention a team of the more expensive similar super cyborgs... slow but deadly, and not as expensive as a tank of the same hit power.

I even played a game the other day where i put 5 cyborg factories to produce infinite groups of these little mother... and I had an army of 50 every 5 mins or so.... total kick ass.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:It would throw off game balance.
And make cyborgs almost useless.
This.

All the other issues mentioned are not really issues, but this.

Unless someone gives a very good reason (and "it's huge but we can make it smaller" is not a good reason), we are never going to add the vehicle transport to Warzone.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

we are never going to add the vehicle transport to Warzone.
O_o O_o O_o O_o

excuse me but... multiplayer is vastly improved with the large vehicle transporter - it can and does transport all units including cyborgs / vtols. why not add it to the game?? it can be built using the vtol factory - like the cyborg transport is now... we had this for the original 1.10 and it was a very awesome addition. xD
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

lav_coyote25 wrote:excuse me but... multiplayer is vastly improved with the large vehicle transporter - it can and does transport all units including cyborgs / vtols. why not add it to the game?? it can be built using the vtol factory - like the cyborg transport is now... we had this for the original 1.10 and it was a very awesome addition. xD
The biggest problem, as mentioned above, is balance. If you can think of a way to add tank transports without significantly weakening cyborgs, I'd do it.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

well to be fair you can ditch the cyborg transport and leave this little guy, and make it carry either 4 tanks, or 20 cyborgs... so every tank counts for 5 cyborgs on the ship... of course it would be expensive in the 2000 area, and slow.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Superheavy chassis, unit transport extra

payload = I light vehicle/ 1 super cyborg/ 2 cyborgs/ 8 human units
silberfuchs
Greenhorn

Post by silberfuchs »

Also, although it's not realistic, perhaps vehicle transports wouldn't be able to carry trucks. Yeah, it doesn't make sense, but it ensures that cyborg transports will always be useful.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

OK people... you really need to go and read the history... heavy transport will carry 10 units. that is 10 trucks or any combination of units that is equal to 10. cyborgs / vtols / tanks / half tracks / hover / wheels...etc. as for the cyborg transport it also has its niche now that you reminded me of the human part of the mix.... guess what... that could be a dedicated human transport and used in conjunction with the heavy transport, make for a very fast attack later on in the multiplayer maps.... and ( if ) maps can be developed that can utilize larger than 250 by 250... many possibilities exist. and balance wouldn't be a problem... transports have no weapons and shouldn't have any weapons.... except maybe for a heavy mg ... nothing more.and limit the heavy transport to 1 per player and the cyborg transporter to 2 per player.... that way its not an overwhelming force majuere.(sp) xD
TVR
Trained
Trained

Post by TVR »

The strategic transport featured the campaign is very worthy of being called 22nd century technology, but as it strategic, I recommend the following as a tactical airlift.

A VTOL airlift turret that allows the transport of one unit, weight of that unit is added to VTOL, VTOL cannot take-off & transport that unit if speed becomes 0.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

TVR wrote:The strategic transport featured the campaign is very worthy of being called 22nd century technology, but as it strategic, I recommend the following as a tactical airlift.

A VTOL airlift turret that allows the transport of one unit, weight of that unit is added to VTOL, VTOL cannot take-off & transport that unit if speed becomes 0.
Speed can never be 0.

And still, tactical airlift means airlifting trucks, which is a balance no-no. And airlifting non-cyborgs in general, which is a balance no-no. A landlocked ground transport (or hovercraft transport) could be possible, but that's as far as I'll go.
Moro_Nick
Trained
Trained

Post by Moro_Nick »

Zarel wrote:
Speed can never be 0.

And still, tactical airlift means airlifting trucks, which is a balance no-no. And airlifting non-cyborgs in general, which is a balance no-no. A landlocked ground transport (or hovercraft transport) could be possible, but that's as far as I'll go.
your re-balance efforts are without a doubt worthy.

yet they fall within the realm of micro calibration presupposing pumpkin's macro calibration balance was with out serious flaws, which is not the case.

your no-no's are in essence band-aids to those serious flaws in pumpkin's macro calibration balance. to my mind that is the equivalent of putting the cart before the horse. to rigorously address wz's balance problems you really have to go back to macro calibrations. sadly that is unlikely to happen because it would entail coming up against the sacrosanct canticles lumped conveniently into the phrase - preserving good 'ol wz. thus you are left with these macro calibration bandages in order to proceed with the less controversial micro calibration balance efforts. the conclusion to that procedure is less than auspicious to be honest without any intent on my part to be slighting of your work and the intensive, rigorous, mp play testing this effort surely involves.