Remove the maximum unit cost

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Remove the maximum unit cost

Post by Zarel »

Per wrote:I'd appreciate if some of the more artistic types around here could come up with a new bar for the design screen to indicate a "wrap around" or otherwise "over the normal limits" look.
Rather than wrap around, just have a graphic that indicates "over the limits". Anything else would look at least a bit ugly/confusing.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

Isn't easier to just add a field with the total cost of the unit, without bars or colors? plain ol' number.

Actually on the design screen most bars would be better if replaces by numbers... makes things lot more fast to read, without having to move the mouse over the bar so see what it means.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Here's some ideas:
possibilities.gif
possibilities.gif (4.96 KiB) Viewed 5365 times
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

by looking at those images I can tell on the first one... that it cost like 1500, assuming that a full bar its worth a 1000, but on the second, I can only tell that my money is going to be washed out by the time it pass 500... xD
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Well, you should be able to get some idea of the price... maybe in a tooltip. Or write the text? I dunno if there's space.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

make bar smaller on screen and put the price next to it... also for stats, make bars smaller and put numbers next to them too... the prices and numbers (up to 1000 since its the limit) does shows in a tool tip if im not wrong, at least on the design screen, it would be nice to have the price on researchs in the same tool tip as the name...

Machine gun
Cost: 100
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Meh.
possibilities.gif
possibilities.gif (6.53 KiB) Viewed 5362 times
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

I do like the one with the number to be honest... more than the other 2...
ziserman
Greenhorn

Post by ziserman »

How about the small vertical black line you drew, Zarel, to be in the proper place so as to reflect a second bar?
For instance, 1000 would be one yellow bar
1500 would be a yellow bar, with the little vertical black line being in the middle of the bar.
In 2000 the black line would be in the yellow bar's end, while in 1000 there's no black line (ie. not in the yellow bar's beginning)

When we go over 2k cost, we'd have a "stronger" line, stronger being {double line/bold/thicker than what it was in the smaller price}, to reflect the new cost. Either through system (a), eg 2500= a "stronger" line in the middle of the bar or through system (b), eg for 2500 we'd have a normal line at the bar's end (2k) and one at the middle (+500, total 2500), in 3500 we'd have a "stronger" line at the bar's end and a normal in the middle, etc.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Meh, why not just use the first or second one, then? It's far clearer about what's going on. The vertical bars on the third one are just showing "this goes on further".
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

I do like the one with the number, lets just know in a sec how much its going to be.
ziserman
Greenhorn

Post by ziserman »

Zarel wrote:The vertical bars on the third one are just showing "this goes on further".
They show that it goes further, but not by how much. That's why the others were asking for a number, right?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

ziserman wrote:They show that it goes further, but not by how much. That's why the others were asking for a number, right?
Right. That's why there's a number next to it.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

Number is great, number is GOOD... number stays!!! :cool:
NaxShaleChan
Trained
Trained

Post by NaxShaleChan »

Maybe a numerical power cost listing instead? It'd be much more "at a glance" than any bar could ever be.
-"Gravity is not responsible for people falling in love." -Albert Einstein

Soldier: General, we're surrounded!
General: Good, then we can attack in all directions!