twin heavy canon,cyborgs...

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Cassador
Greenhorn

twin heavy canon,cyborgs...

Post by Cassador »

hi all, i like so much this game and give a thanks for every one how keep improvin it, i play this game some times and think in some sugestions and ideas to post . 1- i think will maybe a good idea create a twin heavy canon or a 'heavy' version of the HVC , not to be better than the twin assault canon but to add another choise of heavy all-honder weapon before the rail guns 2-like some ohter post maybe make cyborgs faster to produce, cheapers , maybe reduce some hit points and make some tipe of commander cyborg 3-in games i see that the cyborg lancer is not so efective vs tanks as the lancer turret as, i know the cyborg hits air units to but some litle boost in his ROF and make it cheaper shoud make more used and improving a infatry based strategy 4- like others post add abunker buster cyborg and maybe a mini roket one 5- this is pure stetical, make the HVC the same size of the mediun canon, currenty that canon have the size of a light one,as the HVC replases the mediun canon will maybe a good idea make it the same size thanks for reeding my post .
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: twin heavy canon,cyborgs...

Post by Zarel »

...that post gave me a headache...

Can you please use proper English? Nearly all Web browsers come with a spell-checker nowadays, too, so try to use that, as well. Capitalization, punctuation, and paragraphs are also things you may wish to read up on.
Cassador
Greenhorn

Post by Cassador »

sorry , i dont know speak english very well , u can say how use this spell-checkers?
Cassador
Greenhorn

Post by Cassador »

hi all, i like so much this game and give a thanks for every one how keep improving it, i play this game some times and think in some suggestions and ideas to post . 1- i think will maybe a good idea create a twin heavy canon or a 'heavy' version of the HVC , not to be better than the twin assault canon but to add another choose of heavy all-honder weapon before the rail guns 2-like some ohter post maybe make cyborgs faster to produce, cheapers , maybe reduce some hit points and make some type of commander cyborg 3-in games i see that the cyborg lancer is not so effective vs tanks as the lancer turret as, i know the cyborg hits air units to but some little boost in his ROF and make it cheaper should make more used and improving a infantry based strategy 4- like others post add a bunker buster cyborg and maybe a mini rocket one 5- this is pure sceptical, make the HVC the same size of the medium canon, currently that canon have the size of a light one,as the HVC replaces the medium canon will maybe a good idea make it the same size thanks for reading my post .Cassador
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

Cassador wrote:hi all, i like so much this game and give a thanks for every one how keep improving it, i play this game some times and think in some suggestions and ideas to post .

1- i think will maybe a good idea create a twin heavy canon or a 'heavy' version of the HVC , not to be better than the twin assault canon but to add another choose of heavy all-rounder weapon before the rail guns

2- like some other post maybe make cyborgs faster to produce, cheaper , maybe reduce some hit points and make some type of commander cyborg

3- in games i see that the cyborg lancer is not so effective vs tanks as the lancer turret as, i know the cyborg hits air units to but some little boost in his ROF and make it cheaper should make more used and improving a infantry based strategy

4- like others post add a bunker buster cyborg and maybe a mini rocket one

5- this is pure skeptical, make the HVC the same size of the medium canon, currently that canon have the size of a light one,as the HVC replaces the medium canon will maybe a good idea make it the same size thanks for reading my post

.Cassador
a little help here... :3
Last edited by winsrp on 09 Oct 2009, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Try an online translator?

Here, pay attention to how I rewrite your post:

--

Hi, everyone.

I like this game a lot, and thank everyone who's improving it. I've played this game a few times, and have thought of some suggestions and ideas.

1. I think it might be a good idea to add a twin heavy cannon, or a 'heavy' version of the HVC, not as a stronger version of the twin assault cannon, as another choice of heavy all-rounder weapons before the rail guns.

2. Like another post mentioned, maybe make cyborgs faster to produce, cheaper, and decrease some of their hit points. And make some kind of commander cyborg.

3. I've noticed, while playing, that the lancer cyborg is not as effective against tanks as the lancer turret is. I know the cyborg hits air units, too, but if we boost the ROF a little and make it cheaper, that should make it used more often, and improve infantry-based strategies.

4. Like others have posted, add a bunker buster cyborg, and maybe a mini-rocket one.

5. This is pure speculation, but perhaps make the HVC the same weight as the medium cannon. Currently, the HVC has the weight of a light cannon, but since the HVC replaces the medium cannon, maybe it's a good idea to make it the same size.

Thanks for reading my post. Cassador

--

You'll notice the most important difference this thing has is paragraphs. Instead of putting everything on one line of text:
blah blah blah blah
We're splitting it up at logical boundaries:
blah

blah blah blah
In addition, please capitalize the beginnings of sentences.

NO: "sorry , i dont know speak english very well , u can say how use this spell-checkers?"
YES: "Sorry, I don't know how to speak English very well. Can you tell me how to use this spell-checker?"

Spell checkers come with most browsers; they will underline words that you are spelling incorrectly. If yours doesn't do that, try an online spell checker like http://www.spelljax.com/
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

I wouldn't be opposed to adding in the Twin Heavy Cannon from 1.12 late T2 or early T3.

It held fair ground even with rail guns, if I recall.

Perhaps it could be more armored than the Gauss Cannon (let's be honest - rail guns look frail.) and of course have a higher rate of fire with all the benefits of the cannon upgrades.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

2. Like another post mentioned, maybe make cyborgs faster to produce, cheaper, and decrease some of their hit points. And make some kind of commander cyborg.
Agreed but a lot of balancing considerations would need to be done.
3. I've noticed, while playing, that the lancer cyborg is not as effective against tanks as the lancer turret is. I know the cyborg hits air units, too, but if we boost the ROF a little and make it cheaper, that should make it used more often, and improve infantry-based strategies.
I agree, this was an issue even in pre-resurrection WZ2100.

I think it should fire two shots...I mean, it has two tubes. On top of that, make the projectile graphics the same as the lancer...meh that's just a minor tic.
5. This is pure speculation, but perhaps make the HVC the same weight as the medium cannon. Currently, the HVC has the weight of a light cannon, but since the HVC replaces the medium cannon, maybe it's a good idea to make it the same size.
I think it should have only slightly more weight than the light cannon, but weigh less than the medium cannon.

I mean honestly it's the same size with only that piece on the side and a thicker barrel. It would be somewhat nonsensical to make it weigh as much as a weapon roughly twice it's size. The advantage of the HVC is relatively high firepower in a lightweight form.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Kacen wrote:It held fair ground even with rail guns, if I recall.
D: D: D:

YOU SAY THAT AS IF IT WERE A GOOD THING
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Zarel wrote:
Kacen wrote:It held fair ground even with rail guns, if I recall.
D: D: D:

YOU SAY THAT AS IF IT WERE A GOOD THING
Fair, not superior.

It's range would be far shorter (as much as the standard heavy cannon), it should be less accurate, but more armored and a higher rate of fire.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

But still... no. Balance doesn't work that way. D: