Costs & Production

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Sekmeton
Trained
Trained

Costs & Production

Post by Sekmeton »

1) When you're about to produce a unit, research technologies or build things, it shows a green bar of how much would cost, and reduces the power to what you'd have after producing, researching or building... right?

Well I though it would be more comfortable to show directly the number of power instead the other thing...

I mean, I know it sounds really stupid and unnecessary but it would be like all RTS games: you have the resources, and how much cost to do something... the classic way to administrate your numbers.

2) Uhm... what about the continuous production

1 click: 1 unit
2 clicks: 1 unit producing, and 1 waiting
(blah blah, etc.)
10 clicks: 1 unit producing, unlimited units waiting

Idk... just 2 little ideas ^^

Again: excuse my english xP
Maybe I should remove my location o_O
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Costs & Production

Post by Zarel »

We already have this feature.

Right-click on "repeat" to get continuous production.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Sekmeton wrote:1) When you're about to produce a unit, research technologies or build things, it shows a green bar of how much would cost, and reduces the power to what you'd have after producing, researching or building... right?

Well I though it would be more comfortable to show directly the number of power instead the other thing...

I mean, I know it sounds really stupid and unnecessary but it would be like all RTS games: you have the resources, and how much cost to do something... the classic way to administrate your numbers.
If you keep pointer over yellow bar under icon of unit/structure,you will see cost of it.
Sekmeton
Trained
Trained

Post by Sekmeton »

Zarel wrote:We already have this feature.

Right-click on "repeat" to get continuous production.
True... I saw that months ago. I forgot it was there...
13KukYNexus666 wrote:If you keep pointer over yellow bar under icon of unit/structure,you will see cost of it.
Huh? O.o
I didn't get it
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

You can also build 9 units by right clicking the icon instead of left when the count is 0
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:If you keep pointer over yellow bar under icon of unit/structure,you will see cost of it.
Researchs dont have yellow bar as fas as I know.
Sekmeton
Trained
Trained

Post by Sekmeton »

I get it now....

Well I'm still thinking that it's better to show the number and not the yellow bar
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

Sekmeton wrote:I get it now....

Well I'm still thinking that it's better to show the number and not the yellow bar
You can see this number, when you're moving the mouse-pointer over this yellow bar, then there will be a text next to the mouse-pointer showing the exact cost as number.

winsrp wrote:Researchs dont have yellow bar as fas as I know.
They have ;)
but i don't know if it shows the exact cost there when flying over...
Sekmeton
Trained
Trained

Post by Sekmeton »

Apparently, it doesn't work anymore... besides, the idea is to have the number just there... to make things faster and more comfortable... having the number only when you're moving the pointer over the yellow bar, it's basically the same thing that when you design units...