Two wheeled propulsion!

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Steeevoe
Greenhorn

Two wheeled propulsion!

Post by Steeevoe »

If there is already 'four-wheeled' propulsion, then wouldn't 'two-wheeled' propulsion be an obvious choice.

Fast, agile, but low armour.

What do you think...
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Two wheeled propulsion!

Post by lav_coyote25 »

mechs on segways (sp). xD
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Ridiculous and would have no place in the game.

Wouldn't be balanced...literally speaking.

Wheels already have lower armor, making a version with lower armor that's "more agile" would just be dumb. Just use hover if you need that.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

you didnt see the xD ???
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

lav_coyote25 wrote:you didnt see the xD ???
I wasn't addressing you, I was addressing the OP.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

still - cant you see a cyborg riding one of these segway things - hilarious i tells ya... xD
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

lav_coyote25 wrote:still - cant you see a cyborg riding one of these segway things - hilarious i tells ya... xD
Yeah and something that doesn't belong in Warzone.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

lav_coyote25 wrote:still - cant you see a cyborg riding one of these segway things - hilarious i tells ya... xD

Yup. I can indeed. It would be hilarious. ;)

We actually talked about making a comedic mod of WZ at Pumpkin's BBs. The discussion was amazing and WZ Creators also participated in it heartily. It truly was grand fun we had. And, coincidentally, several years later a number of the ideas raised in that discussion made it into one of the most unique 3D RTS's ever created - "Impossible Creatures" by Relic Studios makers of Homeworld,
Homeworld 2, Dawn of War, Warhammer 40,000, Dawn of War II, Company of Heroes.....

A comedic mod of WZ would be a towering achievement, incredibly difficult to pull-off and MORE work than any "straight" mod I can think of but it would surely immortalize anybody who accomplished it in the greater gaming community history "books" of seminal events in the genre, I have no doubt.

I also think Borgs on Lev Boards would be fun and quite a challenge for the opposition. Lev Boards like the one in used in the 2nd "Back To The Future" movie or like the board used by Marvel's Silver Surfer are a viable and cool propulsion, IMHO, even for a non-comedic mod... O_o
Imagination - it's a wonderful thing.
Regards, whip :ninja:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

...s'a joke...
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Zarel wrote:...s'a joke...
But of course. And a durn revealing one at that. ;) The power of humor can be awesome and timeless. Charlie Chaplin's "Modern Times" or Roberto Benigni's "Life Is Beautiful" or Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" come to mind off the top of my head.

Regards, whip :ninja:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

whippersnapper wrote:But of course. And a durn revealing one at that. ;) The power of humor can be awesome and timeless. Charlie Chaplin's "Modern Times" or Roberto Benigni's "Life Is Beautiful" or Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" come to mind off the top of my head.
Was talking to Kacen, who seemed to be taking Lav a bit too seriously.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

whippersnapper wrote:But of course. And a durn revealing one at that. ;) The power of humor can be awesome and timeless. Charlie Chaplin's "Modern Times" or Roberto Benigni's "Life Is Beautiful" or Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" come to mind off the top of my head.
Zarel wrote:Was talking to Kacen, who seemed to be taking Lav a bit too seriously.
I know. At least, I surmised an unstated "@ Kacen" prefix. Just used it in a shamelessly opportunistic way to insert some more trenchant commentary that tickled my fancy. :D

Ahh, mein kampf with bb veg lo mein, whip O_O
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

rotflmao - too funny people just way to funny... :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 xD xD xD xD xD xD xD
Duklaham
New user

Post by Duklaham »

think about how ugly it would look on heavy bodies and hover propulsion already is fast
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

I can.
Cyborg(Super Pulse) on Segway. xD xD xD
cyborg.jpg
Something simple in Photoshop.