tank icons and and extra map elements etc

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Post Reply
7immy
New user
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 23:00

tank icons and and extra map elements etc

Post by 7immy » 12 Sep 2009, 23:12

only just started playing so dont know if some of my suggestions are already added but anyways...

how about adding water to the maps you could then have ships and ship yards etc. this would be cool.

also i find sometimes that i cant see what "tanks" I'm actually building as the icons are so similar. you cant even see the turret to see the differences as they are so small.

make it clearer what advantage 1 weapon has over another weapon as i find it hard to know what works best between what.

also different shapes would be cool for the tanks as its all a bit generic.

how about extra elements like trees more buildings or other objects that make the map nicer - rather than so barren.

planes? dont know if this is possible in later levels but would be cool too.

love the game and that its FREE :) keep up the great work!

Kacen
Trained
Trained
Posts: 294
Joined: 19 Feb 2007, 19:28

Re: tank icons and and extra map elements etc

Post by Kacen » 13 Sep 2009, 02:11

7immy wrote:how about adding water to the maps you could then have ships and ship yards etc. this would be cool.
Okay, first of all, we already have water on some maps.

Secondly, what with hover and all, there's really little to no reason for a water-exclusive propulsion system. It'd be a bane and any advantage coming from it would be outweighed simply by it being limited to water.

Also naval battles just won't look good on this game; this isn't Supreme Commander. The gameplay is just not optimized for that. You'd have to have special naval bombardment weapons or something and totally revamp a lot of things to make having water-exclusive units useful and not a waste. Once again, Supreme Commander is the only game that made naval battles work.
7immy wrote:also i find sometimes that i cant see what "tanks" I'm actually building as the icons are so similar. you cant even see the turret to see the differences as they are so small.
Umm...

How high is your resolution? I have no trouble at all with that, nor have I heard of anyone else having trouble with it.
7immy wrote:make it clearer what advantage 1 weapon has over another weapon as i find it hard to know what works best between what.
You obviously haven't played the original game...heh.

http://wz2100.net/user-guide

Browse around.
7immy wrote:also different shapes would be cool for the tanks as its all a bit generic.
:rolleyes: If you want eye candy go play Dawn of War or Command & Conquer or something.
7immy wrote:how about extra elements like trees more buildings or other objects that make the map nicer - rather than so barren.
Umm, hello, apocalypse? The game takes place after nuclear war.
7immy wrote:planes? dont know if this is possible in later levels but would be cool too.
You are aware that there are VTOLs in the game, right?

7immy
New user
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 23:00

Re: tank icons and and extra map elements etc

Post by 7immy » 13 Sep 2009, 02:33

sorry for my ignorance... new to this game... just thought I'd suggest some ideas to the "Ideas and suggestions" section. :-S

User avatar
Zarel
Elite
Elite
Posts: 5770
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 23:35
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: tank icons and and extra map elements etc

Post by Zarel » 13 Sep 2009, 04:08

Here's a deep link to the relevant Guide section:
http://guide.wz2100.net/damage#weapontable

Post Reply