Game sound sets and anotations

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
A4tech
Trained
Trained

Game sound sets and anotations

Post by A4tech »

Hello m8s,

I played WZ2100 v2.2.2 and missed variety of sounds. When I click tank / cyborg / VTOL and point them to move no sound is. I suggest to make little sound sets for certain vehicle type (tanks, cyborgs, VTOL's). For example.: I click and point tank to move, sound apears like "Brrrr", or smth like this. :rolleyes:

Another suggestion - to make annotation for common research types. For example.: In research tab is a huge variety of available research's (mortar auto-louder, AA flaks and etc.). When I point mouse cursor, it can pop-up a message like that "AA flaks - increase damage done by AA huricane site" . Game lacking options like that. If I were a new player i just don't know what my done research do.

I hope all of you understand my language :-S I'am not good at English.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Re: Game sound sets and anotations

Post by Kacen »

A4tech wrote:I played WZ2100 v2.2.2 and missed variety of sounds. When I click tank / cyborg / VTOL and point them to move no sound is. I suggest to make little sound sets for certain vehicle type (tanks, cyborgs, VTOL's). For example.: I click and point tank to move, sound apears like "Brrrr", or smth like this. :rolleyes:
You mean you want them to, like, make a sound to register when given an order, like how in many other RTS games they talk or say something, correct? Mmm...I dunno, I never really had an issue with that. I'm somewhat neutral on this suggestion.
A4tech wrote:Another suggestion - to make annotation for common research types. For example.: In research tab is a huge variety of available research's (mortar auto-louder, AA flaks and etc.). When I point mouse cursor, it can pop-up a message like that "AA flaks - increase damage done by AA huricane site" . Game lacking options like that. If I were a new player i just don't know what my done research do.
This may be very hard to do, considering the huge amount of variety of upgrades there are, and some are just cumulative.
A4tech wrote:I hope all of you understand my language :-S I'am not good at English.
I can understand you just fine. :)
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Re: Game sound sets and anotations

Post by ClockWork »

On the subject of sounds, I remember a sound file when I had a different version of WZ on my computer.
Example, there was the collective voice issuing the orders ‘starting attack run,’ and ‘affirmative, destroying all biologicals.’

There were even some normal voices, saying, ‘Stay away from aliens,’ and ‘Surprise!’

Just curious as to why these voice clips were made, but never implemented. Probably just never needed to be used. But…that brings the whole alien thing up. Stay away from aliens? I just wondered what Pumpkin had in mind…

I think I have it on disk somewhere.

Edit: oh yeah, i found them. I think I considered making some sort of music out of the sound effects from the weapons at one point…hmm…maybe when I have more time, I think I’ll do that.