Faction Multiplayer Game Play

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
DraLUSAD
Trained
Trained

Faction Multiplayer Game Play

Post by DraLUSAD »

Am kinda new to these forums, and have been around for a while, love the game and the new improvement style ^_^, but knowing you can change and add stuff, given me several ideas, am not sure if they have been spoken on here, but its juts something to talk about :)

i thought about a Game mode known as "Faction Mode", with there own technologies and research, each with different upgrade and units types, along with four powerful super weapons, super Units and unique buildings

As a current super weapon we know as a "Laser Strike", Current Unique building is a "Satellite" that reveals the entire map, and as for the super Unit, we have the Wyvern and Dragon bodies,
Am pretty sure there was four factions, so here are some random ideas, just to get the ball, slightly rolling

The Project:-
Unique Building: Radar "Reveals Map"

Unique Super Weapon: Super Heavy Bombard emplacement "can be fired at any range, as long as its visible, launches 6 high explosive rounds at the targets location"

Unique Upgrade Part: Wyvern & Dragon Body "Super Heavy"

New Paradime:-
Unique Building: Refiner "all Developments are 10% Cheaper"

Unique Super Weapon: Atom Bomb

Unique Upgrade Part: Shield Generator Systems Part "Can withstand damage for a period of time and can protect a small group of units, weak against Flame based Weapons & super weapons

Collective:-
Unique Building: Advance Factory Upgrade "-5% on which Units take to be developed" "Addition to Factory upgrade 3, Must be researched"

Unique Super Weapon: Vtol Strike "like Air Strike, Brings in 5 Vtol Bombers to attack a certain target, flies off screen once ammo is depleted"

Unique Upgrade Part: Walker Based Movement part "Can Climb over mountains, System add-ons and artillery add-ons are not compatible to the Walker Unit"

Nexus:-
Unique Building: Heavy Factory "Needed to construct the Fortress"

Unique Super Weapon: Laser Strike "Current in game"

Unique Upgrade Part: None, Actually, its a Unit "Mobile Fortress", can deploy new Units both Ground and Air, Cannot travel over water or climb mountains, comes equipped with, four heavy gunner turrets, Radar tower and four Refuelling pads "Air only", similler defence from the Dragon Body, but a little bit Stronger and slower, grate for a Mobile Outpost" Max unit cap only 1 at a time, Can only be built at the Heavy Factory...

These are random ideas, and i do apologies if i have gone into Details suddenly, but my opinion is, spicing up the game and giving the players more options both single skirmish and online
Back and working on more maps than before.
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Re: Faction Multiplayer Game Play

Post by XANAX »

like the super weapons but I would like to add some mech stuff :twisted:
XANAX wrote:captains log supplemental:
I've decided to make NP have insect like multi-legged mechs
giving them the advantage of scaling cliffs with all mech weight classes
noting: only NP light mech will have jump jets I'll call it the "flea jumper"

Collective not sure maybe cat like mechs
all four legged

Nexus giant humanoid mechs
heavy & super heavy with Nexus's face on it
light is the super cyborg but has been supped up to take more of a betting

Note: all mechs can't turn the torso 360* only 90* left and right

Code: Select all

Example:     
(target)    90* <<<_[/torso\]_>>>90*   (target)

(target)91+x* must turn legs (x)* 
noting: deciding on a mech chaos effect
mech chaos effect:
would lower speed, accuracy, all around effectiveness in combat when a mech is present "a fear factor" if you will

greatest chaos effect from greatest to least

1. Nexus + the fact of assimilation is the most powerful :twisted:
nexus bonuses:
a. assimilator turret "nexus link turret" is available earlier for mech attachment
b. All units get a melee ability The Chain Fist my version of the "chainsaw" as seen in Ultimate Warfare V2.0 for 2.1.x
c. super heavy is faster then collectives slower than NP's
d. has the most kinetic armor and the least thermal
e. heavy, super heavy can step on heavy-light body and lower tanks & cyborgs plus light mechs

2. Project ;)
Project bonuses:
a. light, medium have jump jets
b. super heavy/assault mech can scale low/small cliffs and can shoot 360* because of torso is fixed so 360* turret is added even in-direct fire weapons can rotate on the stable platform
c. has the longest sensor/weapons range, even the flame turret can shoot farther
d. balanced the kinetic & thermal armor ratio has more than collective
e. heavy, super heavy same as nexus

3. Collective O_O
Collective bonuses:
a. has "ecm" lowers enemy's sensor/weapons range
b. super heavy/assault mech same as projects, but slowest
c. likes turtling/camping with in-direct fire weapons
d. balanced the kinetic & thermal armor ratio but is has less then Projects
e. heavy, super heavy same as nexus but light & medium mech has a ability to jump on (causes damage) or over vehicles (higher evasion)

4. New Paradigm :ninja:
New Paradigm bonuses:
a. all mechs can scale cliffs with all mech weight classes
b. all mechs can shoot 360* because of torso is fixed so 360* turret is added even in-direct fire weapons can rotate on the stable platform
c. likes hit and run tactics, all NP mechs have the fastest speed of their weight class; only NP light mech will have jump jets I'll call it the "flea jumper"
d. has the most thermal armor and the least kinetic
e. all mech weight classes has a ability to jump on (causes damage) or over vehicles (higher evasion)

5. Scavengers
a. only has "Power Armor" the equivalent is the cyborg but is slower and less responsive
b. & the "Scrap Mech" using components from the Power Armor & junk from the landscape, creating a walking "Scrap" platform (great for ambushes because it look like a wreck)
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

No, no, no...no super weapons. I already don't even care for the laser satellite already in-game, as it detracts. I find myself only using it to destroy other laser satellites out of defensive necessity, and if there's more than one opponent with it I have to guess which one is being fired at me. Superweapons that can be fired from anywhere on the map should be minimal or non-existent in WZ2100.

I don't want stupid, gimmicky Command & Conquer gameplay. If we were to include them we'd have to do some serious re-balancing and of course there's the fact we'd have to have implemented a faction system. And balancing will be hell, we'd have to do something more like Supreme Commander...where they're extremely expensive and easily destroyed, among other things.

The super units I have more mixed views on, I just don't think unique super units work within WZ2100 well, they might detract.
DraLUSAD wrote: Unique Upgrade Part: Shield Generator Systems Part "Can withstand damage for a period of time and can protect a small group of units, weak against Flame based Weapons & super weapons
Would be hell to code (maybe even impossible) and probably look stupid in game. Also why would it be weak against flamers?

DraLUSAD wrote:Unique Super Weapon: Vtol Strike "like Air Strike, Brings in 5 Vtol Bombers to attack a certain target, flies off screen once ammo is depleted"
This is exactly the type of thing I want to avoid in Warzone 2100, gimmicky airstrike weapons like in C&C games. I like to build and command all my units, not order them off screen as some sort of special gimmicky attack. Such is why I like games like Warzone 2100 and Supreme Commander, respectively.
DraLUSAD wrote:Unique Upgrade Part: Walker Based Movement part "Can Climb over mountains, System add-ons and artillery add-ons are not compatible to the Walker Unit"
Not suitable for Collective and also going to be implemented eventually due to a suggestion I made, and it won't be "faction" specific.
DraLUSAD wrote: Unique Upgrade Part: None, Actually, its a Unit "Mobile Fortress", can deploy new Units both Ground and Air, Cannot travel over water or climb mountains, comes equipped with, four heavy gunner turrets, Radar tower and four Refuelling pads "Air only", similler defence from the Dragon Body, but a little bit Stronger and slower, grate for a Mobile Outpost" Max unit cap only 1 at a time, Can only be built at the Heavy Factory...
More gimmicky stuff that detracts. Also it'll probably be useless on a lot of maps, many of which have small passages and hills.

On top of that if it's only a bit more armored than the Dragon and a bit slower then how much bigger is it? Can't be by that much if you ask me. Even the Dragon would(and should) be weak and small compared to a hypothetical "mobile fortress". And to have all the stuff you suggested it would definitely have to be big, at least four times as big as the Dragon. This is just a neutral observation, I'm opposed to a "fortress" of such being in the game anyway.
Last edited by Kacen on 10 Sep 2009, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
DraLUSAD
Trained
Trained

Post by DraLUSAD »

I do totally understand the "Balance" thing and keep "Warzone" the way its ment to be, and yeah, I tend to get a little carried away ^_^, what would be cool is having more Map choices... am good at map designing, but what i lack is the design tool, if only i can get my hands on it, i would be able to design some, i've done it for so many games, i think it becomes a hobby XD
Back and working on more maps than before.