The Bunker Buster

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Sir Willis VvS
Rookie
Rookie

The Bunker Buster

Post by Sir Willis VvS »

First off I love wot u guys are doing with warzone2100 its a truely epic game

i had an idea the bunker buster is an awesome weapon but i feel it becomes a bit obsolete later on in the game i think and have always thought that it deserves another form like the Lancer has tank killer and scorge, obviously this research wld be late on maybe after researching scorge, and that wld make scorge more important to research since it only has 20 Att points from tank killer when its max upgraded (i know it has mre range and a faster reload) well thats my opinon anyway

Keep up the good work :P
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Re: The Bunker Buster

Post by Kacen »

I find it useful even late in the game, as it still remains the most effective weapon for destroying defenses.

That said, if I recall version 1.11 or 1.12 had an upgrade to the bunker buster...I don't remember it's name but I clearly remember it cosmetically. It was about twice the power if I recall, and good at taking out fortresses.

I wouldn't object to the addition of a better bunker-buster type being added to the mod.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

SRMA works well enough against structures other than bunkers, and Scourge works decently against the bunkers themselves.
Sir Willis VvS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sir Willis VvS »

i agree i end up using scorge on structures myself and the bunker buster is ok late on, what about a bunker buster which can hit multiple defences if there close together that then allows you to take on a base that has spammed defence structures
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Sir Willis VvS wrote:i agree i end up using scorge on structures myself and the bunker buster is ok late on, what about a bunker buster which can hit multiple defences if there close together that then allows you to take on a base that has spammed defence structures
I believe the aforementioned weapon in my previous post actually had splash damage...

I think standard bunker busters do too, slightly. If I recall attacking a wall section the surrounding walls take a bit of damage.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Small idea.Why not make a BB mini cruise missile? Long recharge, range of archangel and 3x damage of BB?i think it would be good.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Tenoh wrote:Why not make a BB mini cruise missile?
Because a bunker buster is -not- a cruise missile.

Though, I wouldn't object to some new artillery super long-range relatively high yield, powerful missile that shoots one missile per volley.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

So thats why allot of cruise missiles this days are not made to hit bunkers and kill them with 1 shot?
besides,you can add anti missile point defenses,like they have on ships now days.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

There are cruise missile bunker busters but not all bunker busters are cruise missiles.