Lasers

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Serman
Trained
Trained

Re: Lasers

Post by Serman »

I also think Needle Gun should be re-named to Coil Gun. 'Needle' just sounds too weak.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Serman wrote:I also think Needle Gun should be re-named to Coil Gun. 'Needle' just sounds too weak.
Then again, a mini gun sounds likes its small…buts its actually anything but mini. ;)
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Post by Corporal Punishment »

By the way: Is there any chance the sound for laser-based weapons might get changed? This "chiuwm"-like noise is what people are used to from SciFi movies, what probably is the reason it is employed in WZ. But I could easily record the real life rattling sound of a laser, since my sister works in chemical research an deals with high energy lasers on a daily basis. Well, of course it is not the laser making any sound really, but rather the discharging capacitors. Or might this lead to players mistaking laser sound for machine-gun fire?
Qui desiderat pacem bellum praeparat
Flavius Vegetius Renatus, De re militari
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Well, Warzone lasers are silent. The sound you hear are just the game alerting you to the fact that a laser is being fired.

If you have better "stereotypical laser" sounds, by all means, upload them.
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Post by new paradigm leader »

on the subject of "needle guns" needle guns in warzone AREN'T needle guns AT ALL
a needle gun is a flachette based weapon not a gauss light cannon
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.